Malini's Sketchbook
I decided to start a new art in the style of "Legends of the Cryptids" bring as narrative a young mercenary, I thought as a mercenary to be preparing for the service, then it would be arming themselves with their weapons, but still do not know if the idea ax in the foreground was good, did not know what else to fill this plan, what I really want to highlight in this illustration is a hand that will pull the knife on the table, there will add some kind of magical effect.

Initial good would advice to continue from now on, I am very pleased for the first time with my character, but I'm lost with respect to gray levels, do not know whether the background should be darker, I think the silhouette of the character is not very clear, and the tones are means messy, wanted to fix this problem before leaving for the colors.

Attached Files Image(s)

Cool idea for an image. I think you could do with making the background a tad darker as it's very similar value wise to your main character's skin, that should make the silhouette read better.

In regards to which weapon should be more prominent, I think if the action of the character is going to be grabbing the knife then it should be more of a focal point. You could have the axe lying on the table and the knife in place of where the axe is now.

did you finish the last one?

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Amitt Unfortunately I did not finish that there , just let sauce, did not know how to work it, and instead of having fun with the illustration was getting extremely irritated with her.

Here I gave greater progress my illustration, but I'm not knowing handle the lighting, like a light coming from outside knocking on the back of the character, to bringing a "highlight" in character, but would like a lighting candles come foreground, and being extremely difficult to create the lighting of a candle, I do not know which brush to use, or how to make any tip or tutorial would help me a lot.

Attached Files Image(s)

Finally breaking my curse never finished an art of my own creation ... in fact I was SURPRISED at so far I could get in this illustration, I appreciate the enormous motivation that some passed me here, no doubt about my motivation to finish some work left this forum.

Well, at last it is open any criticism that might help me in future work.
Below a small step by step of my process.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey Felipe Well done!! :) Instead of giving you crits here, why don't you post your piece and wips in the CC informal September Challenge thread.
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7861.html
Piotr and I will be doing a live critique stream for all entries towards the end of the month.

Other wip threads are here. http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-73.html

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
For this month I'm preparing something significant to remember the most important date this month for me.

WIP below.

Attached Files Image(s)

Portrait study
About 2h and 30min

Attached Files Image(s)

Heads can be a really tricky thing to get, especially when it's tilted upwards or downwards. Pay attention to the proportions, and be careful not to add too much or too little to the dome/back part of the skull.

That being said, keep going!
Here's a preview, still has a lot to work with, I would like to explore the more colors, sometimes I feel as if the skin of the character was dirty, do not know how yet solve this problem, someone has told me that colors without saturation that cause this kind of problem, but as the environment is not entirely clear not found a good saturation ...

Tips and sugestõesquanto to what may come to be useful will be welcome ...

Attached Files Image(s)

Completed, subject to CARD ART for halloween ...

Comments and suggestions for future improvements are welcome.

Attached Files Image(s)

Grayscale wip

Attached Files Image(s)

Some of my work establishing a daily routine studies.

Some of my own creation and other reproductive studies highlighting the colors and brushstrokes. I'm happy with the amount of work to be undertaken in less time than before. Feel free to criticism and suggestions.

Attached Files Image(s)

Practicing my perception with colors.
And learning a little more with great masters.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 52f5c244979589.5823f59881b5f.gif]

Working a bit more on my creative side, I'm happy to finally be able to develop my own creations.

Some month ago an idea popped into my mind, I thought it would be cool to try, but I saw it and still see it as a very complex idea to work on, however I resolve to challenge myself to try to develop.
The truth is that the sky is always impressing me with its different shapes and climates that may be unique that day, I thought it would be very interesting to approach a sky with a phenomenal aspect, but first I hit the idea of showing some non-existent phenomenon, until I put in my head that I wanted a kind of non-existent aircraft that we could interpret in different ways, it could be an invasion or just a rare alignment of clouds.

Summarizing a character would be observing this event in the sky, this airship would like it to have a cloud texture, but that the idea of an aircraft over the sky is clear.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some studies during the last weeks.

Attached Files Image(s)