Axrel's Sketchbook
Hello everyone!

I am a senior in high school, and I really want to improve my art this year. I hope that by posting my art here will help me stay motivated and on track.

UPDATE: I'm currently studying at the Georgetown Atelier in Seattle!

Hi there!

Good job on the studies, it's important to understand how the muscles work beneath the skin. Keep posting, we love to help keep each other motivated.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
@RottenPocket
Thank you! :)

Here are some pages from my sketchbook from the last few days! I've been drawing from plaster life cast, and I drew people at a senior meeting thing today. I think my style changes a lot when I draw from life.

Hey mate welcome aboard! Really interesting to see more and more traditional sketchers lately, look forward to see what you have in store for us all, keep at it! :)
Hey, very cool pieces. Keep posting as they are really interesting and I would like to see more of them :)

So sorry for not updating at all! I've been busy with homework and a bit lazy... These are some pages from November and December 2015.

Here's some sketches from today. I also finally got my scanner to work!

Great effort, I enjoyed watching through here! Even discovered a portrait that I also drew a long time ago (the girl in Post#7, 2nd picture, girl on the right)

Keep up the great work!!

Photoshop CC2015 / MacBook Pro
Procreate / iPad Pro
My SB: nutriman's quest for awesomeness
(02-05-2016, 10:45 PM)nutriman Wrote: Great effort, I enjoyed watching through here! Even discovered a portrait that I also drew a long time ago (the girl in Post#7, 2nd picture, girl on the right)

Keep up the great work!!
Thank you! I think I found that photo on pinterest. :)

Good lines and shading there :) Especially the faces there in post 7, Love the line weight.
If you're drawing a lot from observation and studying, don't forget to draw some from imagination, to apply what you've learned. (You seem to already be doing that, but hey, a little reminder can't hurt)

(02-11-2016, 10:33 PM)Adzerak Wrote: Good lines and shading there :) Especially the faces there in post 7, Love the line weight.
If you're drawing a lot from observation and studying, don't forget to draw some from imagination, to apply what you've learned. (You seem to already be doing that, but hey, a little reminder can't hurt)

Thanks! I sometimes try to change what I see from observation (different eyes or hair) but I definitely will try to do more from imagination! :)

Welcome to the daggers and quite a nice sketchbook!

@Hobitt
Thank you!!

I went to Port Townsend yesterday, so I'll upload those sketches as soon as I find them.
I tried to do more from imagination in right page. :)
It seems like every time I scan my sketchbook it gets really blurry in the middle and in the corners even if the sketchbook is pressed down. Is it just my scanner or am I doing something wrong?

gorgeous sketches man 
love those strokes.

@Ankit_draws 
Thanks for the kind comment! :)

I saw Deadpool yesterday, and I'm most likely going to see it again this Friday. It's so good! If I have time I think I'll do some fan art...
Some of the sketches on the right are from my anatomy class. We had a cow eyeball dissection lab.

Sorry for not posting in a while! I got very busy with schoolwork at the end of my senior year so I continued doing studies and art but just didn't post any here. Since the fall of 2016 I've been at the Georgetown Atelier in Seattle studying classical realism. Here's two of the more recent projects I completed. I spent about two weeks on both of them. 

Welcome back man! Good to see you posting again. Keep up the good work; your most recent piece are looking really neat. Looking forward to seeing more art from you :)
Judging from just these two sketches I'd say you've improved pretty nicely over the last year. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your newer work.