AChi's sketchbook~
 This is a homework from my painting group..been doing it for 1 week.

If still have time after I finish Uni assignments I will do CC6 Wink

Attached Files Image(s)

yooooooo! Im back Mean smile

Attached Files Image(s)

portrait study

Attached Files Image(s)

Really inspiring stuff! 

Brushwork is so nice and your strokes are very economical. Figure drawings are awesome also! You've mentioned a couple of times you sometimes don't feel like you're improving; By continuing photo studies etc you will get painting mileage which is great but I would suggest trying this approach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kfK46nruKM

Hope this helps and keep going :)

(12-19-2016, 11:58 PM)MannionJJ2020 Wrote: Really inspiring stuff! 

Brushwork is so nice and your strokes are very economical. Figure drawings are awesome also! You've mentioned a couple of times you sometimes don't feel like you're improving; By continuing photo studies etc you will get painting mileage which is great but I would suggest trying this approach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kfK46nruKM

Hope this helps and keep going :)

Thanks Mannion. I have looked at the video and I would say that's almost what im doing now. my recently photo/master studies are focusing on color and brush stroke. I sometimes color pick the color from the original masterpiece and I try to remember and analyze them. Then I will do the study without color picking at all, to test if I get it or not. I am also planning on my own project, but im still constructing the story so nothing to post here yet Blushing

“peeing in the lake” (jk)

Attached Files Image(s)

somthin to do ;)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
old study from last month

Attached Files Image(s)

I tried to control these studies under 30min but i failed :(
It takes me about 45min on these

Attached Files Image(s)

testing brushes

Attached Files Image(s)

Man, you got some lovely brushwork in here! keep it up, I'll definitely check back

(12-30-2016, 09:24 PM)miracoly Wrote: Man, you got some lovely brushwork in here! keep it up, I'll definitely check back

thank you!

30min thumbnail prac

Attached Files Image(s)

I really enjoy your paintings studies. Especially the colored ones look great! For the b/w thumbnail studies it might help if use the lasso tool and airbrush to gain a bit more control over the gradients!? I think this could help you to make them look as well executed as the rest of your paintings! :) 

Keep up the great work! :) 
(01-04-2017, 11:32 PM)Kaiko Wrote: I really enjoy your paintings studies. Especially the colored ones look great! For the b/w thumbnail studies it might help if use the lasso tool and airbrush to gain a bit more control over the gradients!? I think this could help you to make them look as well executed as the rest of your paintings! :) 

Keep up the great work! :) 

Thank you for ur advice! When I do those thumbnails I am more focusing on the composition and try to make them as fast as i can. I havent paid much attention to refine the gradient but only trying to create distance. I will definitely work on this Tongue

a quick one. i keep it zoomed out and focus on color. however when i finish and zoom out i notice that i should make the edge more clear.

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

finally finish my work experience program and back to paint some more stuff!

for this one, i am not sure about the building structure yet, only a practice to try out different painting methods

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey AChi, great work! especially your recent posts!
If you want to improve something, try to keep your edges tight and crisp where background meets foreground.
Keep it up :)

(01-26-2017, 11:17 PM)gregorkari Wrote: Hey AChi, great work! especially your recent posts!
If you want to improve something, try to keep your edges tight and crisp where background meets foreground.
Keep it up :)

Ty for ur advice!
I just notice that I cant really separate foreground and background...actually that's because when I design this pic i dont know what to be filled and to connect between foreground and background...better look up some reference next time