MiniPantsu's Concept Art Journey
Adjusted the value relationships to better pull attention towards the focal points. 

I'll have to learn to line out environments for the next time I tackle one of these.. my rough guess is that more involvement of architecture (for perspective) and detailing clutter, seamlines, etc. will solve the interest problems I'm having.. will have to confirm that I guess

Also I have no idea how to get rid of photo textures without losing that precious grit.. texture brushes don't seem to do it for me..

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm loving the values on the enviro piece dude! Have you checked out Feng Zhu Design school (FZD) on YouTube? He uses photo textures a lot - might give you a few clues if you haven't already check them out.

Keep going mate - it's all looking fantastic!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(05-06-2016, 08:50 AM)Artloader Wrote: I'm loving the values on the enviro piece dude!  Have you checked out Feng Zhu Design school (FZD) on YouTube?  He uses photo textures a lot - might give you a few clues if you haven't already check them out.

Keep going mate - it's all looking fantastic!

Thank you! I do know Feng's channel yes.. thanks for reminding me.. he might indeed have the answer to my problem :)
Back into studying muscles again..

Attached Files Image(s)

Female anatomy and head angle studies

Attached Files Image(s)

Thumbnailing process for this month's challenge.. the theme is "reimagine yourself" 
So I will basically just paint myself as a knight :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketch phase for the knight.. next up is a clean line drawing.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Mini! Your sketchbook is looking great!

I really like your traditional work, like the figures and heads in pencil In love 

to repeat everyone on every art site ever "Keep on truck'in"
.....At least that's what i assume people say nowadays!

(05-11-2016, 09:05 AM)IrishWhiskey Wrote: Hi Mini! Your sketchbook is looking great!

I really like your traditional work, like the figures and heads in pencil In love 

to repeat everyone on every art site ever "Keep on truck'in"
.....At least that's what i assume people say nowadays!

Thank you Irish! It's sure been a while. I appreciate the kind words.. you keep going too man! :)
Proceeding further with the knight process.. (line drawing + mask setup) and added some blues into Midna's hair shadows.

Also I won't be here for a few days.. however I'll make sure to do traditional work and post it all once I return.

Attached Files Image(s)

Back! 
As I promised here are some traditional poses and other random sketches..

Attached Files Image(s)

More painting work on the knight.. next up will be hiding lines, op layers, general rendering and setting up a focal point.

Attached Files Image(s)

Knight and Priestess - Finished!
Knight - blended out lines, portrait rendering, set up a top focal point
Midna - Finished! (decided to leave it in it's rough sketchiness)

Attached Files Image(s)

Some 60 second poses..

Attached Files Image(s)

More work on the knight.. also another 60 second pose excercise

Attached Files Image(s)

More subtle changes on the knight.. also 60 second hands this time around (definitely way harder for me)

Attached Files Image(s)

Great work MiniPantsu! Nice gesture exercises and the metal on the knight is looking great! Keep going mate!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(05-20-2016, 01:35 PM)Artloader Wrote: Great work MiniPantsu!  Nice gesture exercises and the metal on the knight is looking great!  Keep going mate!

Thank you Artloader! Very glad for your kind words :)
Some traditional shadow studies

Attached Files Image(s)

More work on the knight (nearly done it seems like).. also another page of 60s poses

Attached Files Image(s)