Ambi's Sketchbook
(03-29-2018, 03:56 AM)Berebobe2 Wrote: What have you been having trouble with?
Coming up with ideas mostly, although I'm not really a fan of the way my art looks anymore either. Been trying to get into sketching more because I feel like I miss something important at the beginning stages.

I was going to wait to post until I had a lot more stuff, but I've been sick for the past 10 days, so I haven't been very productive.

I don't want my sketchbook to go completely silent again though, so here's some stuff I did before I got sick. These aren't really studies, just copies. I was watching some videos on creativity recently, and a lot of them seem to agree that you need to actually be doing the thing you want to be doing in order to increase your chances of coming up with ideas. So far it hasn't worked out at all, but hopefully there is something to be said for drawing constantly even if it's not directly in line with your goals?.....Yeah, I dunno:
[Image: yOs6fja.png]
[Image: BNappJJ.png]
[Image: k4WIRYb.png]
[Image: YvJQAnG.png]
[Image: OIRXGVc.png]
[Image: oCWaQyp.png]
[Image: 6mXBI8b.png]

Imagination stuff:
[Image: lrxU9B0.png]
[Image: Mg1Yi2i.png]
[Image: 7jRVZYe.png]
The last one was me trying to meme on an art buddy, but it accidentally backfired because it's better than my figures normally look lmao.

Cool updates dude, forms are look great, really 3d especially on those clothing pieces.
Not entirely sure but I feel like the forearm length might be a bit too long in some of these?.
Hope you feel better soon!.

Thanks trigger, also it's probably the over sized sleeves throwing you off since they hide the hands.

[Image: RUdHnm1.png]
[Image: LoMOUI7.png]
[Image: ZMHaCN7.png]
[Image: k9WLWCl.png]
[Image: FwrAyeQ.png]
[Image: seC8tUs.png]

I think you should explore many way to imply value change try many hatching scenario. I think this can help you develop a ''style'' you would prefer.Just make sure that you use an hatching that help give volume to the form it applied on.I noted some example of what i believe certain technique would be interesting to experiment on.I don't advice going with heavy hatching as it can be really time consuming if use for study.What i find is important is the hatching represent the texture and how light run accross it surface.One should be careful about the amount of texture is apply on an object you want to lead the eye to area of interest.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Thanks for the advice dark'.

Random sketches, I'm sure they are all out of chronological order:
[Image: TMFZgQz.png]
[Image: TlzascJ.png]
[Image: GB22QOP.png]
[Image: S911ubR.png]
[Image: nxLFAma.png]
[Image: R3FzQMC.png]
[Image: 6dldz5v.png]
[Image: mtCMTbR.png]
[Image: v3ST5q9.png]
[Image: XjSMT5H.png]

Forced collab between me and another artist:
[Image: ittaEIz.png]

Been working on a project with a friend, this is some scrapped concepts for it:
[Image: EAu1G5D.png]
[Image: R940PKx.png]
[Image: HazTfo5.png]
[Image: 1h1UHNU.png]
[Image: 7seUXim.png]

And some stuff for it we're keeping(provided we make our deadlines):
[Image: 4kmI6OG.png]
[Image: 6kcHslu.png]
[Image: z22te3i.png]
[Image: nexwE5M.png]
[Image: FntFJGO.png]

I like the collabs, and the greyscale nude! Take more risks!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Keep those line clean unless it serve the style otherwise it will look sloopy.

My Sketchbook
@fedo: Thank you.
@darktiste: They are just sketches, I'm not really worried about them being clean as long as they read as I intended.

More from that joint project(the first guy is old, just forgot to post before):
[Image: m9Fzawa.png]
[Image: e4YiUSq.png]
[Image: RiwohUV.png]
[Image: FaWDC6G.png]
[Image: 84L4XGb.png]

Some perspective practices:
[Image: abTVNtk.png]
[Image: 2b3YGiG.png]
[Image: n2mawvy.png]

5-10 minute head sketches from ref' to keep sharp:
[Image: vf8VctC.png]
[Image: BReRbJE.png]

Misc. heads, trying out styles and t'ings:
[Image: rFeehWQ.png]
[Image: DEyHbW0.png]

Some Mulan fanart in her casual outfit from Wreck-it-Ralph 2 I just finished today:
[Image: 2EUYLWZ.png]

I have some more stuff from that joint project I'm working on, but I don't wanna show it til it's finished.

Some doodles:
[Image: 4hhQnZF.png]
[Image: 1LWk2O9.png]
[Image: nUZifPg.png]
[Image: vgkmB6r.png]

A few obligatory wayman sketches:
[Image: Jo1cZdZ.png]
[Image: G6N7NAn.png]
↑↑↑↑ This one started out as just a page of random scribbles that I tried to pull something out of.

Unhelpful but kind of neat looking study:
[Image: aIFoAiF.png]

Tried to illustrate an idea I had attempted a few months ago, failed again for the 3rd time :P :
[Image: 6bIJuYr.png]

I did this sketch as a stylization test, decided to push it to a finish for the helluvit:
[Image: v9tVn4a.png]
[Image: P2VKuwu.png]

Brilliant work on the hair.That armor look like plastic on the other hand i think you.Just need a bit more constrat i would say for that armor to feel like it made of a metal i feel your attemp look like it made of a semi matte substance.

I choose to darken her eye and gave then abit of that shiny magic because of the way eye are they reflect alot of light because of the thin layers of water keeping them from being to dry.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Great perspective studies there Ambi and I love this last armour design. Nice translucent light on the ears as well.

Keep posting!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

@Artloader: Thanks mang.

I've been drawing a lot, but I've been having a hard time with it lately. 90% of it went to the trash, and the other stuff I don't feel good about showing, but here's the standard portrait from me:

[Image: oG7MYp2.png]

nice work ! looks real good.
good edges

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]