Miamelly's Sketchbook
I'll try to  update this as often possible, placing in even the ugly and big fails, I don't want to my online sketchbook look like some epic tale of ever improving and never sucking bad sometimes
-

On this second part of the year, I want to go back to fundamentals, those been haunting me and my artworks more than those dead bodies I hid in my closet.

I have yet to write my SMART goals, but for now, let me post the last WIP I been working on

[Image: b337d52634.jpg]
I been building my portfolio and I thought that drawing males for a change would be a good deal, I ended choosing the far right one.

[Image: c95a4659f7.jpg]

So far I been having troubles with face and lower chest muscles, they are much better than what I started but they are still looking... so goofy?
Good start Miamelly :).

I think you're almost there with the chest muscles - but you should check out Proko's video on the chest muscles - his instruction is pretty awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRM7pT-Yric

Hope that helps - keep going with the hard work :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Such a busy week, I am hoping to come back to do a serious grind on my art. I am using this week to study torsos and see if I can get better at then

day1

[Image: 88fccbc50d.png]

Artloader Wrote:Good start Miamelly :).

I think you're almost there with the chest muscles - but you should check out Proko's video on the chest muscles - his instruction is pretty awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRM7pT-Yric

Hope that helps - keep going with the hard work :).

Thank you I like proko and his quick videos, they are really helpful :)
[Image: 62161cdec0.png]
Went slower today with the studies, learned a bunch of things
So its been a few years since I tried to start a sketchbook and I am back to try it again, so just for context
[Image: mX0W93K.jpg]
last drawing I made  which was a quick one

I want to gitgud danmit~ so far I know a few areas I really need to dig deeper so I am going to start with perspective, another one is that I often rush drawings too quick so I am going to force myself to take my time even when I want to say it is "done enough"
Oh look someone who does anime for a change.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
sweet

A few days went in, I sidetracked a lot with small commissions and life stuff yet I managed to learn a few key concepts from experimenting and reading - Perspective Made Easy by Ernest R. Norling.

In fact, I would say how I felt so dumb that as I never took the eye level literally as the eye level, it helped me so much to understand, compose and scale things on space because of that, Jesus fuck, im stupid.

Other than that I learned how to set up and how useful are the perspective guides on CSP, they are clean and easy to use!

A self remember is to save those studies, even when they are small, at least I would have something to post on these journals ahaha

I am going to continue studying perspective, the shadow projections for now seems incredible confusing for me.