Kubba's Sketchthread
Hey guys,
I'm new here and I've been lurking around for a week or two, it's so inspiring to see everyone working and striving to improve themselves and their art!

I'm still quite a n00b and I know I have years and years to go, but I hope to use this sketchbook to make (close to) daily posts and receive some direction. I'm also looking for any advice on some sort of study structure as I try to improve my work to a professional quality. ALL CRITICISM AND ADVICE IS WELCOME!!!!

You guys seem awesome from the threads I have lurked, and I hope to become an active part of this wonderful community!

P.S. I'm working on 5 pages of a graphic novel with a friend to apply for a grant hence all the kraken concepting!

[Image: monster%20glows.png]

[Image: octoglow%20levels.png]

[Image: octopus%20eyes.png]

[Image: crab%20forreal%20inked.png]

[Image: krabken.png]

[Image: gobken.png]

[Image: kraken%20concerpts.png]

[Image: gulper%20angler.png]

And some environments and other miscellaneous stuff I've attempted:

[Image: 10413177_250363541754171_1578404577_n.jpg]

[Image: cathedral.png]

[Image: 11325259_675719025861531_2045519382_n.jpg]

[Image: bee.png]

[Image: mushroom%20clouds2.png]

[Image: mountain%20temple2.png]
Hey well done on finally getting your sketchbook started dude :).

Those are some nice kraken concepts and environments.

If you're into drawing organic shapes like that - I thought you might be interested in the free exercises at drawabox.com - he starts off with very basic stuff (draw a line) and builds up to some pretty funky organic shapes. I'm currently doing the lines homework :). Check out the site and see if it might help you.

Keep it going :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Hey Kubba, welcome to daggers buddy!

You mentioned about offering some insights in regards to a structure for learning. This article can be a great read for that :
http://conceptartempire.com/build-a-sketching-habit/

In combination with that, I would say to also check the article about productivity from crackedskull here :
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7698.html

Lastly from my own point of view is to have a "What you have done" list for the day, instead of writing a detailed brain wrecking to do list. It's something I learned about today, and putting it in practice and already noticing all the things I have done for the day.

It helps you get a back catalog of things you have completed on that day, instead of having heart attacks for not crossing of something on your to do list, ha.

Hope you enjoy your journey on this forum, and as always keep fighting the good fight.

▲ SKETCHBOOK  ▲ WEBSITE▲ 
Awesome! Thank you so much Brian and Artloader! I'll get on your links tonight and hopefully pump out a couple of pieces to upload :)

Brian, that sounds great! To do lists are basically how I run my life right now, but in trying to build the drawing habit it can be really demoralizing not crossing something off that list, I'll try to do a "done" list and see how that impacts my studies. It sounds like it's on the same track as keeping a journal which I've heard can be super helpful for motivating yourself!
Hey daggers, been away for a while helping organize an insanely huge family reunion (175 people!!) and dealing with a breakup.

I'm trying to get back into the habit again and I'll be aiming to do at least one master painting study a day and peppering that with other personal work. As always, any words of advice or criticism are most welcome!!!
[Image: roman%20master%20study_2.png]