a few works
hey im new thought i might post some semi recent work to get some opinions.

[Image: singn.jpg]
[Image: 0012.png]

[Image: 002.png]
Maybe you should use NSW spoiler for this kind of art specially gore and nudity.l appreciate them because it take courage not to censor yourself.It just might be flagged offensive but i doubt since it not facebook here.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(08-08-2018, 09:50 AM)darktiste Wrote: Maybe you should use NSW spoiler for this kind of art specially gore and nudity.l appreciate them because it take courage not to censor yourself.It just might be flagged offensive but i doubt since it not facebook here.

The idea of anyone getting offended at gore and nudity in artwork just didnt really occur to me.
Nobody is going to flag nudity and gore on this forum unless it's some sort of particularly malicious or over the top spam. There's barely any of both in any of these pieces so don't worry about that.

As a quick general critique, I'd say more work could be done on paying attention to depicting form through your value choices. Taking that grayscale painting, everything appears flat because you haven't really paid attention to making clear shapes with your shadow areas vs lit areas to indicate the forms in space. You seem to use black as a way to outline forms rather than show the form through how it would cast shadow and you use your mid tone values almost just to fill in areas, rather than to help show the turning of forms as they transition from lit to shadow.

You could pay more attention to how you arrange your overall general value groups so they aid the composition. And pay special attention to contrast between lit and shadow sides according to the depth of the objects in the scene. Things further away tend to get less contrasted in general due to the effect of atmospheric perspective. If you squint at the piece it all kinda turns to a mush of mostly midtone and a lot of black so you have had to use the white to blast out some focal points. These are a couple of simple articles on identifying a broad value grouping to start with.

http://www.muddycolors.com/2012/08/compo...structure/
http://www.muddycolors.com/2015/08/value-control/

I'd also generally recommend more drawing from observation to begin to understand how to use value to show form better. Cast studies, Barque studies, general drawing from observation will help

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
thanks