Yo!
Hey everybody!

I'm JC. I found this site as a conceptart.org alternative. I was never really "in" that community aside from having a sketchbook thread, but social media definitely doesn't have the sort of feel I'd like to revisit when it comes to working on art.

I'm currently a graphic designer at a small marketing agency geared toward the corporate IT landscape -- as you might imagine, there's not a whole lot of creative flex I get. But I've always wanted to be an artist, so I'd like to continue to get better.

Here are my goals:
- Improve fundamentals
- Figure out character design
- Idea generation
- Improve work ethic

Lookin' forward to getting to know you all!
Nice to have you! Are you hoping to branch out into illustration, then?

(03-23-2021, 09:34 AM)JosephCow Wrote: Nice to have you! Are you hoping to branch out into illustration, then?

Thanks! Yeah, absolutely. Even if I don’t wind up doing “art” in a traditional professional manner, I still want to be able to be at that level. I think it would be awesome to be able to do game art. In a perfect world I’d be doing game development (in more capacities than just art but that’s currently my strongest area, I’d say).

Telling effective stories with art. That’s the aspiration!
Yeah sounds awesome! look forward to seeing your stuff.

Welcome to the forums! I think that you describe what a lot of us here feel. Social media is not the same as a forum where you can post your work and see a clear progression. Also, it's cool to hear that you like Game art! I'm a huge fan of Game art myself, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what you will post!