Wiring Frames
So a lot of places I submit to insist that EVERYTHING be wired... which is hard with some frames. (I'm a little too poor to custom frame all of my pieces). It's easy if the frame is a soft wood. I really love the ornate frames, but it looks like a lot of the less expensive ones are made out of resin. The last time I took an electric drill to a frame like that the results were miserable. Does anyone have a workaround for this?

(09-06-2021, 01:16 PM)Anomily Wrote: So a lot of places I submit to insist that EVERYTHING be wired... which is hard with some frames. (I'm a little too poor to custom frame all of my pieces). It's easy if the frame is a soft wood. I really love the ornate frames, but it looks like a lot of the less expensive ones are made out of resin. The last time I took an electric drill to a frame like that the results were miserable. Does anyone have a workaround for this?
Boyfriend came up with a solution for frames made out of resin/plaster/drywallish material (like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Laura-Ashley-Text...38&sr=8-14), so I thought I'd post it.

He said to drill the hole, fill it with epoxy, and then drill the screw into the epoxy. I lost faith halfway through and just put the screw into the epoxy, but they seem to be holding well.