Inspiration and motivation thread
We all (should) know that art is a marathon and like everything that needs constant dedication it's easy to burn out and fire up the old Xbox or watch all seasons of Saved by the Bell on Netflix (oh Screech you rascal).

A better option is to spend a few minutes browsing some inspirational sketchbooks or motivational posts, get pumped and get back to work. So with the risk of being incredibly cheesy here are some of my favorite inspiration and motivation sources. I'll update this as times goes on but please share yours.

Apply directly to laziness!

Articles/ advice/ motivation

An old, but inspiring post by Dave Rapoza

5 best productivity methods

Dave's old schedule

Jason Rainville (Rhineville) ran a few mentoring threads a while back here and there. A good read and some idea of what to practice.

Zen pencils is a web-comic about inspirational quotes and an example of how an illustrator can start his own business and make a living off his own website. Check out his about page which is as interesting as his comics.

John Cheese is a columnist for Cracked who powered through alcoholism and poverty to become a full-time author. He has a bunch of funny columns talking about overcoming addiction, dealing with poverty and other such joyous topics. Here are two of my favorites
5 reasons today isn't going to suck
5 Pieces of Advice Every Adult Wishes They Got as a Teenager

The inspiration thread over on Conceptart

The Talent Code- This is one of my favorite books when it comes to learning how to practice and how to improve. A lot of good ideas and the website is filled with interesting posts.

Breaking the Habits that Enslave Us Interesting article about habit forming and how to break it.

Doodle Alley A picture Blog about sustainable creativity

Theory: Bill Evans on the Creative Process and Self-Teaching

Sketchbooks showing impressive improvement (with most or all images still there)

Sam Carr

Miles

Jason Rainville

Parsakoira

Sickbrush

Hanes

Jasper

Messages In This Thread
Inspiration and motivation thread - by dracken - 10-25-2012, 06:46 AM
RE: Inspiration and motivation thread - by Madzia - 07-26-2013, 06:14 PM
RE: Inspiration and motivation thread - by Tyrus - 08-04-2013, 04:07 PM
RE: Inspiration and motivation thread - by Madzia - 08-30-2013, 06:31 PM