Scrawny Nerd to Brawny God
One of my deathline goals was gaining 50 lbs of lean muscle in a year. I still don't know how realistic it was, but it failed completely. However it was in the deathline because it's important to me, so I can't give up.

Currently I'm 6'4" and 150 lbs. Incredibly underweight due to a stupidly high metabolism and lack of a disciplined workout routine. My genetics seem to say I'll start gaining weight (and even become overweight) in time, but instead of sitting at my computer all day overeating (trust me) and waiting around--I want to get fit for my health, flexible for posture, and bigger for better body image and social confidence.

I've been through gym routines and weight lifting all through high school and college with very, very little improvement. It's disheartening but it's time to go back for good. This subforum comes up at a perfect time as I've found a great deal to go to the local university gym at no cost to me, starting next week.

My plan is going in the morning every day and devoting different days to Arms/Chest, Shoulders/Back, and Legs as well as running and swimming. This plan includes extra time devoted to stretching as I am not flexible at all, as well as keeping track of my calories and upping the protein in my diet. I'll be posting some numbers of sets and reps as well as diet changes, and weight gains (or losses) and pictures if I'm brave. I'm familiar with the exercises, but besides protein powder I've never made huge changes to my diet and nutrition. I know there's a thousand places to look for the right numbers for protein and calories, but if someone with similar experience knows some good numbers I'd love to hear them.

[Image: laocoon.jpg]
GOAL: Be devoured by giant snakes for getting in the way of the gods plans/being too ripped

Messages In This Thread
Scrawny Nerd to Brawny God - by unsilentwill - 03-09-2013, 04:31 PM
RE: Scrawny Nerd to Big Guy - by Darqjakob - 03-09-2013, 06:53 PM
RE: Scrawny Nerd to Big Guy - by Ioan Chirita - 03-09-2013, 08:16 PM
RE: Scrawny Nerd to Big Guy - by Anthony Devine - 03-09-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: Scrawny Nerd to Big Guy - by Ioan Chirita - 03-09-2013, 11:23 PM
RE: Scrawny Nerd to Big Guy - by RyanC - 03-10-2013, 04:02 AM
RE: Scrawny Nerd to Big Guy - by unsilentwill - 03-10-2013, 06:25 AM
RE: Scrawny Nerd to Big Guy - by Ioan Chirita - 03-10-2013, 07:01 AM
RE: Scrawny Nerd to Brawny God - by unsilentwill - 06-10-2013, 07:12 AM