tweedleda's sjizzle
(03-03-2014, 05:25 AM)pandaladie Wrote: On your first picture there are some things I have trouble getting, like where is her other foot for example? I have to look at it too long, and when I look "behind" her there are two things that could resemble limbs, but I don't know which one is the leg, because I don't see the other foot.

I get the illusion that what should be her knee is her shoulder and thats not what you intended at all I'm sure. I see you tried to separate the limbs with different colours, but I don't think it was quite enough.

Did you use a reference for this picture? if you did thats great, but maybe try drawing it unstylised first and then tackle the fun stuff to get a better pose. If you didn't use a reference... USE A REFERENCE, I've caught myself not using them and my poses usually look off.

Like that hand for example, I see loads of references of that and thats jsut google images.

It seems that you are trying to make her reach out for the audience and thats cool and all but why is she doing it? is there any way to convey a story here? I don't quite understand her posing if she is trying to reach for us, since the lower part of her body is locked in place facing the other way.

If you want interesting poses with turning of the spine and body in general, references, look at superhero comics, they are usually good at dynamic poses.

If you want someone to be interested in your drawing and actually start o think twice, think about what your character is doing, and try to add some story, if the character is doing something and you are conveying it, it will be more interesting for people to look at than just a face. But maybe this was just that kind of a study.

I personally like the tree thing you were trying to do with the second picture, like if she had a forest on her head, I find that neat. Maybe you could expand that Idea?

To summarize, use more references to help with the posing of your character : )

Good luck : D

Heey man thanks for the feedback and the tips :)they are really helpfull.

shame on me but i didnt used a reference, but the drawing was just a set up,
but i will use your tips and post the improved version as fast as possible.
I would like it of you give feedback again at the improved versions :)

tx man and later

Messages In This Thread
tweedleda's sjizzle - by tweedleda - 03-03-2014, 04:22 AM
RE: tweedleda's sjizzle - by pandaladie - 03-03-2014, 05:25 AM
RE: tweedleda's sjizzle - by tweedleda - 03-03-2014, 07:40 AM
RE: tweedleda's sjizzle - by smrr - 03-03-2014, 04:38 PM