Can I Work as an Freelance Artist While Doing a Blue Collar Jobs?
Currently, while  attending an community college, I'm planning on whether to get a major in a AAS (Associates in Applied Science) in HVAC ( Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) or transferring my credits to a 4-year art school. I'm not excited to work for major animation studios like Disney, but would rather be freelance while helping out with projects for these companies or any independent businesses. Art school's are highly expensive! So, combining the trade skill's salary with some scholarships, grants and financial aid money, it might destroy or stabilize the tuition to refrain from the behemoth called debt. I might not even get this degree since I wanted to even make up my own IP's for my own independent comics and animations. I adore the sight of art schools but it would be a true investment since it cost an excessive amount of money. I would rather draw my own characters than anyone else's and I would probably need a team or just need to advertise like crazy for my characters. Would people take me serious for my projects or certification? Am I stunting or enhancing my dreams? Most importantly, are there any other freelance artist that shares this descriptions? Hopefully one of you guys can relate to my questionable path.

Messages In This Thread
Can I Work as an Freelance Artist While Doing a Blue Collar Jobs? - by elijahnutter17 - 01-05-2016, 04:08 PM