John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
I understand those dyslexia feels man. I browsed the pics on the link Hobb sent, and a lot of it seems to be stuff that Dorian Iten covers in his light series. If you find videos much easier to learn from (like I do otherwise I'm stuck reading over the same thing a million times lol) it's a good course to check out.

The hero piece turned out very nice, and I like the way you've done the hair in the girly above.

In terms of the comic idea, it's a double edged sword. It's a great (and exciting) thing to do, but it's going to be one hell of a task. Visual storytelling is a whole other side to art. Wlop is a great example of how you need a good story, frames, pacing, to achieve it and not just have it be a bunch of pretty pics. Besides that, just start reading good ol' comic books ;)

Another note - be careful with combining themes and ideas, such as swords and graffiti... they are things not traditionally portrayed together since their use is quite far apart in terms of our real world history.

Although it may sound like I'm trying to deter you, I think doing a comic book project will turn out to be a great experience! It'll help you figure out what you like, dislike, and what part of the industry you are really interested in.

Keep up the work man. I'm excited to see your upcoming project :)

Messages In This Thread
RE: John's Thread (Do not coddle and punch him right in the goolies.) - by chubbycat - 06-08-2017, 02:31 PM