How to perspective like a pro
thanks mech!

I was in the same boat, I bounced between doing more freehand perspective and trying to learn it mathematically for ages. I'd have the hardest time trying to understand it and would go back to freehand but then get frustrated by something stupid like not knowing how to accurately draw a perfect cube in perspective (I'm not sure why I thought that was so important, I was a little obsessed at the time) or trying to find a way to be accurate without ellipse guides while working through How To Draw.

all of the theory I got from this website HANDPRINT PERSPECTIVE. I love and hate handprint, it covers so much but it's so hard to read. Many times I rage quit and left it proclaiming I would never go back, but over time I slowly got enough out of it. I still don't understand half of it. i'll go back to it again at some point.  

youtube perspective videos  this guys videos really helped me out they bridged the gap between by brain and handprint, I don't think I would have gotten anywhere without them... plus he kind of sounds like piglet, which just makes them all the nicer

everything else I just got from bit's all over the place. like, the vanishing points for tilted objects, I found that on a small clip from a perspective DVD trailer. it's kind of the main reason I started this thread, because there wasn't one place that had all this information (plus I don't really like giving crits on peoples sketchbooks but wanted to find a way to still help out)

I hadn't planned on going to much into the theory, mainly because I don't think i'm capable of explaining it (it's pretty mathsy) I'm hoping when I finish all the videos the method will become intuitive and easy enough to grasp that there wont be much need for the theory (or it might give people a stepping stone to understanding the theory behind it in their own time). I'm gonna be re recording and adding new videos all the time. i'm going about this in a bit of a trail and error kind of way, i'll try to include as much as I can, hopefully get better at explaining things along the way. 

Thanks loader, measuring points should be up by this time next week. check out the youtube link above in the mean time, they guy in the video covers measuring points better than I could

SB

Messages In This Thread
How to perspective like a pro - by Joe - 07-14-2016, 01:53 AM
RE: How to perspective like a pro - by Joe - 07-14-2016, 01:56 AM
RE: How to perspective like a pro - by Adam Lina - 07-14-2016, 03:09 PM
RE: How to perspective like a pro - by neopatogen - 07-14-2016, 06:07 PM
RE: How to perspective like a pro - by Joe - 07-14-2016, 06:15 PM
RE: How to perspective like a pro - by Adam Lina - 07-15-2016, 02:48 AM
RE: How to perspective like a pro - by Joe - 07-15-2016, 03:10 AM
RE: How to perspective like a pro - by Artloader - 07-15-2016, 09:18 PM
RE: How to perspective like a pro - by Joe - 07-15-2016, 11:46 PM
RE: How to perspective like a pro - by Joe - 07-20-2016, 06:34 AM