Manoela's Sketchbook (and journal?)
Hello! I’m Manoela and I’m a Brazilian illustrator currently fighting for my own place in this huge wonderful marketplace. I used to have a topic with my doodles and studies on the old OA forum, so I figured it would be nice to come back. I’ve been working with illustration as a fulltime freelancer for 2 years now, which is both very inspiring and overwhelming, not to mention stressing, due to pressure that comes from clients and from myself. I’m quite a perfectionist, and when I’m let with myself to evaluate my progress, my critics get really harsh, which frequently causes me to get very upset. I’ve realized how this was affecting me during those last months I’ve been away from the community, so it’s time to give and receive feedback. Hoping to help and inspire more fellow artists!
Would be so kind to share with me how do YOU deal with selfdoubt and negative criticism from yourself? It’s a struggle I have for my entire life, not only on my art, but for myself, and I’d love to understand how you feel about it so that I can better understand what’ s going on inside this little head of mine! LOL Thank you so much!

Some of my current studies. (I used to do them daily and it was very inspiring, I must get back to this habit!)

[Image: 0eJagYL.jpg]
I love doing quick sketches of the human body, specially dancers and athletes!
[Image: FKOzG4G.jpg]
I also like to doodle my little daily moments
[Image: eFvIovk.jpg]
[Image: 7AQumZ2.jpg]
Composition studies
[Image: 6zrqqnC.jpg]
Self portrait
Some of my studies for Schoolism class: Principles of realism, with Jonathan Hardesty
[Image: UrOK9Ts.jpg]
[Image: ikaRbrB.jpg][Image: JrJVw5T.jpg][Image: pmHMpLj.jpg][Image: 397OaqM.jpg][Image: PhBgm5S.jpg][Image: HsKYUpV.jpg]

My website: manoelacosta.com

Messages In This Thread
Manoela's Sketchbook (and journal?) - by ManoelaCosta - 08-16-2016, 10:25 PM