Inagada Davida's sketchbook posts
You're so encouraging!! Thanks for the advice. I do feel stuck and overwhelmed. I am not really even sure quite what I want to do professonally anymore. I don't think there was a period I was ever sure, I just 'was the kid who liked to draw all the time' as a form of mental escape and that seemed to be the main thing I am 'good' at. I feel bummed now all the time, that my work decayed this far. (Bear in mind those images I posted were all 30-60 second gesture sketches, not real long studies, so thats why they appear loose, but that doesn't excuse them when I know more seasoned people have much more flow and greater readability to their pose silhouettes. I didn't always have work that looked this way. But i can't dwell in the past.)

Anyhow, thanks for the website I will check it out. Is there a suggestion in terms of how you think I ought progress in the line of growing better? Should it be like- "Whole Figure> Hands > Feet> Hair> Faces" etc or should I work from detail parts up to the whole human body like this- "Hands >Feet>Eyes>Figure>Crowds" etc.??

Would it be wiser to focus more on developing anatomy first or developing scenes and perspective first? Or should I be going even MORE back to basic basics before even TOUCHING anatomy, like still lifes and shape forms and light on textures? Or should I try doing projects and exercises that blend all these lessons (Like a man on a horse wearing a fur cloak in a desert with ruins, for a perspective/lighting/material/anatomy lesson combo??)

I am my own harshest judge and it is so crushing to not know where to begin.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Inagada Davida's sketchbook posts - by Inagada Davida - 01-21-2017, 07:21 AM