SH! It's Sketching Time.
(02-04-2017, 03:45 AM)Steve H Wrote: *Sighs* It is has been an unproductive 2 weeks. I could make excuses, but it all comes down to just how terrible taskmaster I am. Doubtful

It took me far longer, and truthfully too many breaks between starting, to do the Ideal Male Proportion exercise in Loomis' book than was really necessary. Add to that I was a bit of an idiot, as for an hour and a half I couldn't figure out what he meant when talking about a measurement of two and one third of an eighth (Only much later did I notice that "Male Figure is 2 1/3 heads wide" was written in the corner of the picture). I got kinda frustrated as a result, stopped reading, and copied the picture without really taking in the process of what I was doing. Of course the end result looks pretty awkward. But on the bright side this is an exercise meant to be repeated a lot so... [cue stereotypical kung fu master striking pupil with switch and shouting "Wrong! Again! Faster! Actually listen! And this time, No breaks!"]

If it is not especially clear but that is meant to be smoke coming out of skulls mouth.

Hi Steve!
First of all, you need to stop writing things like "I was a bit of an idiot". I red through your self introduction and it was full of self destroying sentences. I wanted to look up your sketch book because I'm new here too and I'm following draw a box just like you so I'm interested in your progress. :)
And that's because I'm offering you this advice. Don't be harsh to yourself. It helps no one. Stopping to write and say things like that will help you stop thinking like that. ^^
I like your idea with the hand. It's good to see you've been brave and finished it with ink. The result impresses me.
Keep up your work.

Messages In This Thread
SH! It's Sketching Time. - by Steve H - 01-23-2017, 11:13 PM
RE: Sketches from Steve - by Artloader - 01-24-2017, 11:26 PM
RE: Sketches from Steve - by Steve H - 01-25-2017, 01:23 PM
RE: SH! It's Sketching Time. - by Steve H - 02-04-2017, 03:45 AM
RE: SH! It's Sketching Time. - by Runensucher - 03-02-2017, 10:09 AM