Hello forum, I'm one of the new guys
Star 
Hi everyone!

This forum is overwhelming, but I need to start somewhere, right?
My name's Hannes, I'm from Germany. I'm living in Berlin for my whole live (around 27 years) and I want to get better with arts.
Everything started with my wish to do pixel art. I joined the pixelation forums and there I was told to learn to draw on paper first. Now I'm following "draw a box" since 11.11.2016. It really changed my live and I try to draw every day. I only missed about ten days since start. (Did not count, heh. ^^)
It's an up and down, some exercises really make me feel bad while others feel easier.

Uff. This isn't easy to talk about. I wish to get good with something because I need to express myself. When I left school with my A level, I was pretty sure I want to be a voice actor.
I followed this road for a long period and standing in front of a microphone made me so happy every time. I've spend a lot of money and energy into coaches, a private school and my own record technique. But it wasn't enough and my unhealthy ways of thinking, my shrinking nest egg and the overwhelming feeling of being all on my own made me brake up with my dream. I'm kind of sad about it but this is like it is and now I have to overcome my fears of not making the right decisions.
Drawing is different to voice acting. It's easier to do every day. It's way cheaper and there is a bigger community to talk to. That's why I'm feeling way better about it. It's still hard for someone like me, I'm very self-critical and serious about everything I do. But I bet I'm not the only one like this around here. ^^

For now, I'm just want to get better with art. I still have to go to my part time job, and I'm running a relationship so it's a challenging balance act. When I come through all this, with sparing some money from my job, maybe I can start another private schooling for gamedesing. But I don't want to think of it to much. Just having fun and drawing as much as possible is my main goal for now.

What I need is regular feedback. And that's why I'm here. I give the creator of "draw a box" some money via patreon and he is offering feedback in return. But just for a whole finished lesson.
I think I can get some feedback with starting a sketchbook, right?

Thank you for reading through this. It was kind of personal, but that's how I am.
Don't get fooled. I have a strong easygoing part too. ^^
So don't be afraid to talk to me. I'm interested in almost everything and I love to earn some new insights.

Have a good time!

Messages In This Thread
Hello forum, I'm one of the new guys - by Runensucher - 03-02-2017, 09:45 AM