Getting started post-grad
Hey, all. Haven't been here in a while. I'm hoping to get some help, sorry if this is already been posted before, but I'm crossing my fingers.

So it's been about a month since I graduated university with a BFA in illustration. Although I met a lot of great people there and learned a lot, I still feel like my portfolio isn't as good as I'd like. I've been looking into freelance resources, and although I haven't really reached out yet, I just feel like my stuff isn't up to par to get any call backs.

I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction. I'm in PA, and would prefer to stay within the Northeast corner of the states. It's frustrating, because I feel like there isn't a whole lot over here. Plus, I'm not even really sure of what kind of job I want. Concept art, vis dev, comics, graphic design? Everything I see seems to be catered towards video games, and I'm not sure if that's what I want to get into.

Has anyone tried Schoolism? I'm thinking of subscribing to their monthly service for over the summer, and I'm curious if it'll be worth it.

Thanks to everyone here, you've all helped me tremendously in the past few years. I've been frustrated the past few weeks looking into jobs, I'm not sure if I'm ready for the art industry, but I'm also not sure what direction to even go in. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Messages In This Thread
Getting started post-grad - by ZombieChinchilla - 07-04-2017, 04:00 AM
RE: Getting started post-grad - by Amit Dutta - 07-04-2017, 05:35 AM