[Image: 99fwNur.jpg]
[Image: CXu4eBW.jpg]
Super Imposed Lines
[Image: 2tsg4Io.jpg]
[Image: nZ6j6x6.jpg]
Planes
[Image: YsmTyS5.jpg]
[Image: yfhZyLs.jpg]

I'm not sure if I am doing this correctly. I'm trying to follow the lessons as close to possible.

(09-27-2017, 04:42 PM)Amit Dutta Wrote: heya mate, welcome to the forum. Good on you for doing something proactive despite the difficulty and prior experience.  
Loomis is great. Other good resources for practical exercises on fundamentals are

drawabox.com
http://www.dorian-iten.com/ has some great pay-what-you-like lessons on observational drawing.
Also Proko is good for figure fundamentals and has a cheap pay course that is supposedly very good. Free vids also on his channel.
Also check out newmastersacademy which has some great figure lessons for a cheap monthly subscription.

The ability to build things in perspective out of primitive shapes is key to all drawing for realism.
Loomis's Creative Illustration has a good section on perspective.
Ernst Norling's Perspective Made Easy is also public domain I think and is a good starting resource.

wrt studies....do your study with reference, but right after that, try to do the same again from memory alone. Examine where you went wrong in both against the original. Make written notes next to these areas. Thus will be a more effective way of understanding what went wrong and the mistakes you tend to make. Note that this is good for starting off / beginner studies. Later on, the focus for your studies may not only be on reproducing something accurately alone.

good luck!

I haven't heard of Dorian Iten before but, he seems interesting. New Masters Academy looks really advanced compared to what I'm working on right now. I'm worried that it would be too complicated for me at the moment or it would simply go above my head.
I'll try that for my studies; working from a source, drawing it then drawing again from memory.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by MagneticScrolls - 09-28-2017, 06:42 PM