MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again
Organic Perspective
These still don't look very good. I'm having a hard time getting them to look like actual cubes. 

[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_27.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_28.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_29.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_30.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_31.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_32.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_33.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_34.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_35.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_36.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_37.jpg]

Rotated Box Exercise
I'm making no progress with these no matter how much time and effort I pour into them. I really don't feel as though I have learned anything. I'm deeply confused on this one. I think I basically failed this assignment.

[Image: rotated_box_exercise_11.jpg]
[Image: rotated_box_exercise_12.jpg]
[Image: rotated_box_exercise_13.jpg]
[Image: rotated_box_exercise_14.jpg]
[Image: rotated_box_exercise_15.jpg]
[Image: rotated_box_exercise_16.jpg]
[Image: rotated_box_exercise_17.jpg]
[Image: rotated_box_exercise_18.jpg]

(10-18-2017, 05:19 AM)darktiste Wrote: Hi darktiste here to give you some tips on line quality and how to achieve beliveable cube

Find the most comfortable angle of approach (rotating your page if necessary) 

i find it easier on some paper to draw line toward yourself so make sure to rotate the page if necessary so that this can be achieve 

Here how i advise to start to have solid horizontale and verticale line you can refer back to as you progress.Remember aslong as you have a good pair of horizontale and verticale line to refer to you will be having no problem creating cube this of course only true if you know the rule of perspective.

Practice cube in 1 point perspective to increase the quality of the cube
Practice by placing the cube over the horizon line

The goal of this exercise is to create one side of the cube this will help you greatly to unlock how to do the rest of the cube in 1 point perspective.

Step 1 
Determine the horizon line and than add a verticale line as a guide you should not press on the paper to strong when you mark this line.Don't be shy to use a ruler at this step you won't need it later on

Step 2 
create a diagonal line that goes to the vanishing point

Step 3 
add a new verticale line that pass the point A

Step 4
Create 2 verticale parallel to each other of same lenght 

Step 5 
add 2 horizontale parallel to each other of same lenght 

Step 6 
check that you have either a square or a rectangle if it doesnt look like a perfect square or rectangle you did something wrong erase the square or rectangle abd reoea

To make good straight line you want to make sure to spend time practicing the dot exercise you dont need to be perfect in those exercise the point of those exercise is to increase you hand eye cordination.
What is important in achieving straight line .Don't panic breath and ghost over the paper multiple before putting the line of paper.Do not rush ghosting it important in setting the angle of the line right
Control the speed of the hand and make sure that no hand is place between the eye and the page so that you can clearly see from point A to B.

I would suggest you also draw alot of parallel line and you should be able to draw them as far as possible from each other and you need to preserve the parallelity of those line.
I would also encourage you to do square and rectangle of different size the bigger the harder so start small and than go big.

One of the big error i find out will i was check the exercise you made is that you didn't draw the form as if it was transparent this help in understanding how the cube sit in 3d it essential to know how the invisible side look you will find out soon or later why it important.

Those exercise can't be ignore without big consequence

The order of the step goes from left to bottom than from right to the bottom
I suppose I'll need to go back to the earlier exercises then. Not sure how else to proceed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by MagneticScrolls - 10-20-2017, 06:58 PM