MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again
Chapter 3 of the Scott Robertson book is giving me abit of trouble...

Multiply/Diving in Perspective
This one was not difficult to understand. May need to try it a few more times before I really get it down though.

[Image: SR_Multiply_Divide_1.jpg]
[Image: SR_Multiply_Divide_2.jpg]

Mirroring in Perspective
Again, not that difficult. For some reason I kept getting the actual 'mirror' itself wrong. The concept is easy to understand.

[Image: SR_Mirroring_perspective_1.jpg]
[Image: SR_Mirroring_perspective_2.jpg]

Diving into Odd Numbered Proportions
Now here is where I begin getting into trouble. I have no idea on how to actually divide a line into odd numbered proportions easily. I either need to take a few guesses or take out a ruler and measure the entire line then use a calculator to divide it evenly into 3,5,7 or more odd parts. I think I get the general idea other than that though.

[Image: SR_DIVIDING_INTO_ODD_1.jpg]
[Image: SR_DIVIDING_INTO_ODD_2.jpg]
[Image: SR_DIVIDING_INTO_ODD_3.jpg]
[Image: SR_DIVIDING_INTO_ODD_4.jpg]
[Image: SR_DIVIDING_INTO_ODD_5.jpg]
[Image: SR_DIVIDING_INTO_ODD_6.jpg]

Mirroring Tilted Planes
I should probably learn how to draw a tilted plane before attempting to mirror one. This exercise reveals another area I need to work on in the subject of perspective.

[Image: SR_Mirroring_Tilted_Planes_1.jpg]
[Image: SR_Mirroring_Tilted_Planes_2.jpg]
[Image: SR_Mirroring_Tilted_Planes_3.jpg]
[Image: SR_Mirroring_Tilted_Planes_4.jpg]
[Image: SR_Mirroring_Tilted_Planes_5.jpg]

Mirroring Curves
I understand the concept but pulling it off with a pen is incredibly difficult. Maybe more practice on this one will bring me closer to doing it easier.

[Image: SR_Mirroring_Curves_1.jpg]
[Image: SR_Mirroring_Curves_2.jpg]
[Image: SR_Mirroring_Curves_3.jpg]
[Image: SR_Mirroring_Curves_4.jpg]

(11-03-2017, 08:17 AM)darktiste Wrote: Here some example of exercise you can do for line quality

1.Draw a box and draw an X going from corner to corner
You now have 4 triangle in a box
draw horizontale and verticale parallel line
draw diagonal parrallel line

for more challenge try to place the line with the same rate of spacing between them

2.Do grind here the goal is that you create square of same size using only line

3.This exercise is almost the same you did it just a variant

4.Here you repeat a pattern inside an abstact space

5.This is just an example of standard exercise

I think when it come to improving line quality there 5 big factor 

1.How to use the arm for specific task
Lock the wrist for line 
Delock the wrist for small curve
Use the elbow for bigger curve

2.Surface of contact+type of surface
Be careful if you hand or finger touch the paper as it create resistance you can play with the speed of you movement by controlling the drag on the page by apply a bit of pressure but if you apply to much the line will start to wobble

3.Alway make sure that you can clearly see what you doing.Be aware of where you drawing on the page
I find out it best to draw line toward yourself because in that way the hand never obstruct you from seeing from point 
It also best rotate the page when doing diagonal most of the time.

4.Ghosting
Before placing a mark on the page describe the rythem of the mark

5.Drawing with confidence(gain over practice don't lose hope keep practicing and try to be aware of what you can improve be from in the previous factor)

Last advice try to draw on loose paper it less expensive and you can rotate the page easly just remember to put one hand on the page so it doesn't move or put tap so it doesn't move
exercise 1 sounds like Page 30 of How to Draw. Effectively dividing a square or rectangle up into equal parts multiple times. I suppose I will need to try working on that for a while.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by MagneticScrolls - 11-17-2017, 01:13 PM