MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again
To be able to gain an understanding of the 3d aspect of the head you need to expand to drawing the head from the front view, profile and 3/4 view.

I think that instead of copying photo you should attempt to copy the construction of the head seen in the example i just provided.

You than need to draw over head inside new paper to solidify the principle.
After than you will be able to copy from photo but you still need to create the construction before laying in the detail.
Once you will have practice enough you will be able to visualize the construction without evend drawing it.

You better learn about the plane of the face before doing value study or you will not gain any result in the long term.
Plane will slowly turn into curved surface a way to understand curved plane is to think of a piece of paper

Like i suggested avoid drawing the same figure more than once try to aim for correct proportion instead if you mess up use an eraser.
You seem to be spending way to much time trying to copy value but you need to support that with an understanding of the construction of the face.

Remember this You can try to build a house but without a plan it meant to fail.
It the same thing with drawing face you need to understand the construction(plan) before build a good looking face(house)

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by darktiste - 06-12-2018, 09:11 AM