New here
Hello, everyone. 

My name is Monica and I'm 23. I went to college and fell off the internet, but in that four years it seems like the online art communities that I enjoyed went into decline. I'm hoping to find a new community that I can be a part of. 

From age 11 to until I graduated high school (18 years old) I basically lived and breathed art and the internet. I knew about crimson daggers and lurked through a lot of the first live streams.  I got decently good at drawing for my age, but the price was that all other aspects of my life, health, and interpersonal relationships atrophied into nothingness. When college rolled around I went the OTHER way and became a real life social butterfly ("lmao computers???? idk how those work") at the expense of my artistic productivity. I felt a bit like Jekyll and Hyde. Now, I'm hoping to find some balance. 

I'm holding down a full-time job overseas (ESL teacher: not glamorous, basically broke), but I'm not getting any younger and if I really want to go freelance with illustration + graphic design, the best time to start building a portfolio is now, right? I've thought long and hard about what I want to do with my life and art is the answer I keep coming back to. 

My interests are definitely in illustration and graphic design, but I know that a solid drawing foundation is very important.  I want to get a sketchbook up and running that has all kinds of life studies. I've got a (physical) sketchbook filled with doodles, but I haven't drawn from observation in about a year. 

What I really need is some comrades: in real life I'm basically going at this artist life alone, and after losing my other online communities it's kinda lonely. 

So, Hello! Here I am. Nice to meet you.

Messages In This Thread
New here - by Moniquoi_ - 06-28-2018, 10:12 PM
RE: New here - by Artloader - 06-28-2018, 11:04 PM
RE: New here - by Moniquoi_ - 06-29-2018, 11:43 AM
RE: New here - by xelfereht - 06-30-2018, 09:27 AM
RE: New here - by John - 06-30-2018, 04:05 PM