Seeking a Study Partner
I've been progressing on my own for a while, but I was thinking it'd be a good idea to have a partner, because with just me, I give myself too many 'outs,' and I don't feel like it's super important to hold to my schedule. I know this is harmful and I want to curb that behavior, and I'm tired of crawling up this plateau. It's time to really go!

My goal right now is to get good enough and build a good enough portfolio to get paying jobs- by 'good enough,' I mean to a quality where I can start having people want me working for them, and actually starting to make money off of this. For a long term goal, I want to be able to sustain myself on only an art income. I think the jobs I'd like to do right now are card art, character commissions, and comic books.

My time zone is PST ( It's about 6:15 as I post this), and I study from 11:30 am-1:30 pm, and again at 11:00 pm to 1:00 am.
i also do 6 hours of personal work and 6 hours of client work each day, so I really try to burn the studies into my head by applying the knowledge from them.

My discord for this is beau_art#8311. Hit me up!

I'll change this part when I get a reply, until then I'm open.

Sketchbook (updated daily) https://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-8600.html

discord: Beau#4149

1. Use the biggest brush possible for a given passage.
2. Paint large shapes first, followed by small shapes.
3. Save your tonal and chromatic accents until the last.
4. Try to soften any edge that doesn’t need to be sharp.
5. Take time to get the center of interest right.

Or, the briefer version: (B.L.A.S.T.)
Big brushes.
Large to small.
Accents last.
Soften edges.
Take your time. 

(James Gurney)

Messages In This Thread
Seeking a Study Partner - by beau - 02-13-2019, 12:21 PM
RE: Seeking a Study Partner - by darktiste - 02-13-2019, 02:20 PM
RE: Seeking a Study Partner - by beau - 02-14-2019, 05:53 AM