Constructive Criticism Appreciated ♥
Hey, I finished my first digital painting, an art commission demo depicting my roleplay character.
I would really appreciate some feedback, so I can improve in the future.

Next time I do digital artwork, from the top of my head:

>I would do a more dynamic pose with more depth and overlapping.

>I'd draw a more imaginative and dynamic background. This one was just a quickie. 
(I couldn't do it this time, I've spent way too much time on this painting and the thought of doing a detailed background makes me dizzy right now lol)

So tell me your thoughts! 

9.8.2019. EDIT:

Here's the criticism I received in a nutshell, if anyone wants to learn from my mistakes. :)

1. Don't just stick close to one reference, use many of them and add your own flair.
2. Study skin tone. The image lacks subsurface scattering.
3. Plan out the lighting ahead of time (research 3 point lighting), use both soft and hard edges.
4. Study form. Mind the way clothes look and how they drape around the figure. Don't make them look like stickers. 
5. Study perspective and be more bold with it.
6. Feel free to exaggerate the silhouette, if need be. It is too smooth on this painting, so try adding some creases and folds, maybe some wind, it will give the painting more life.
7. The cloth is too static, let it flutter and move. There should be more movement on the painting to make it more dynamic. 
8. Experiment with the background, consider adding wind, dust particles. The main point of it, in character art like this, is to complement the character.
9. To make the colors look more unified, use color grading. (Desaturate the blues slightly and add like 5% blue tint on everything.)
10. The face is a bit iffy because of the 3/4 view, but can be easily fixed next time by using more references, and, of course, studying anatomy.

Thank you all for helping!

[Image: ksenija-radojevic-synthia-reference-fina...1564816014]

Messages In This Thread
Constructive Criticism Appreciated ♥ - by NarkissArt - 08-03-2019, 11:48 PM