Constructive Criticism Appreciated ♥
(08-05-2019, 04:41 PM)chubby_cat Wrote: To add to what everyone else said:

I think anatomy/forms and clarity would be good things to work on. I mainly say this because I have a hard time understanding what's going on with her right (our left) hand. It feels like it's supposed to be her interacting and holding the weapon, but it comes across as quite flat.

Someone here once gave me an extremely good piece of advise that I think will help you too - make sure your clothes don't look like stickers! Every part of her dress in bounded within the same counter line, meaning everything looks skin tight. There should be volume to the belt, it should feel like it's a 3d object sitting on her hips as opposed to a detail painted on her dress. Just as the fabric(?) on her arms shouldn't feel like its part of her skin, and this applies moreso to the buckles on the fabric - the buckle in 3/4 view should be extending beyond the arm, not ending when the arm does.

There's lots to learn with art, but there's a few little changes you can make to your work now to really have it progress. Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing more from you! :)

Same as my reply above, thank you for the helpful feedback! I'll try my best. And for the chains, I did think about putting in effort for them and making them, and the belt 3D but man, after taking so long to paint this, I just wanted to move on to something else x)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Constructive Criticism Appreciated ♥ - by NarkissArt - 08-09-2019, 08:58 PM