NATURE's Sketchbook
Hey guys. Its time for me to make a thread to share my steps towards becoming a professional artist. Its inevitable for all of us who stay on the road. Ultimately I will become a fantasy/imaginative realism artist, preferably independent.

As of making this thread I'm recently getting into digital painting. My current goal is become comfortable and efficient with painting in Photoshop, not just coloring lineart, and to make enough finished pieces that would resemble a body of work.

Be brutal with the critiques, please.

Here are my first 3 successful digital studies.

This cast study of David's eye is where some basic brushwork techniques started to click.

Experimenting with layering strokes at lower opacity/flow, not much blending. I like how this looks a bit painterly.

Already a big milestone. I learned SO much about rendering/brushwork technique and value with this copy. Same process as last study but way more blending, combining hard round with airbrush. When I got to the rendering the hair I realized how powerful the lasso tool can be to quickly draw and render shapes or create a clean hard edge. Here's the reference to compare.

I will probably start doing some studies in color soon. Right now I'm especially seeking advice for better digital painting process and technique, thanks.

Messages In This Thread
NATURE's Sketchbook - by Nature - 11-05-2019, 04:38 PM
RE: NATURE's Sketchbook - by Tristan Berndt - 12-05-2019, 06:48 AM
RE: NATURE's Sketchbook - by Artloader - 12-05-2019, 06:55 AM
RE: NATURE's Sketchbook - by Gliger - 12-05-2019, 07:33 AM
RE: NATURE's Sketchbook - by Nature - 02-12-2020, 11:09 AM
RE: NATURE's Sketchbook - by Artloader - 02-13-2020, 11:47 PM