Seeking Digital Art Mentor
If you want free software (which makes sense as a beginner), you can try Krita. Industry standard is Adobe Photoshop, Krita is (arguably) in some ways even better for drawing and painting, the only issue for me with Krita is that I sometimes work with text and huge files (which are not exacly art), plus PS is handier if you want to do photobashing. And there are way way more tutorials online for Photoshop. Many illustrators (not so much concept artists) use Clip Studio paint Pro which is also a solid alternative and cheaper, or if your tool is Ipad Pro, Procreate or Infinite painter
For a start, you can check out Ctrl+Paint, lots of tutorials for beginners in digital art (the author uses Photoshop).
I don't think that mentors just come your way, you need either to contact professtional who have mentorships available on their websites/Patreon etc. (many of them welcome newbies too), or to contact directly artists that you like and ask them whether they would like to teach you and how much they would charge for that. And sure, they are going to be curious what you've done before, to evaluate your current level (even if it's traditional art, since skills transfer)
Or you can check out classes like Schoolism, CGMA etc.
Hope to see your thread in Sketchbooks soon :)

Messages In This Thread
Seeking Digital Art Mentor - by PassionFear - 05-20-2020, 12:30 AM
RE: Seeking Digital Art Mentor - by darktiste - 05-20-2020, 01:29 AM
RE: Seeking Digital Art Mentor - by neopatogen - 05-20-2020, 03:22 AM
RE: Seeking Digital Art Mentor - by JosephCow - 05-20-2020, 04:07 AM