Greetings
Hey Crimson Daggers,

My name is Trevor, and I'm joining because I am interested in finding a platform to share my progress in digital art and hopefully find some like-minded people along the way. My key interests are in comic books, illustration, and concept art.

I graduated from the Alberta University of the Arts in 2015 (back then it was known as the Alberta College of Art and Design) with a Bachelors of Fine Art focusing in Printmaking (silkscreening and lithography primarily, although I haven't done much since then due to a lack of access to the equipment; I also bookbind). Over 8 years I worked at 4 different art supply stores, so if anyone has any technical product questions or is interested in recommendations please hit me up, I always love talking about art supplies. I also managed a comic book store for a few years, and absolutely LOVE talking about comics! I'm currently rereading DCs The Flintstones by Mark Russell and Steve Pugh, recently picked up the four issue mini series Unstable Molecules about the real people who inspired the Fantastic Four by James Sturm and Guy Davis, my favorite book is Asterios Polyp by David Mazzucchelli, and am a lover of all things Hellboy (praise Mignolia!). I am also a member of an actual-play rpg podcast, House of Bob, although I haven't recorded with the group in some time due to scheduling issues.

Last year I was diagnosed with ADHD, and at 32 I am coming to terms with how difficult it has been for me to try and act like someone who doesn't. At the best of times I overwhelm myself by trying to do everything at once, and struggle to finish anything. Now that I know my brain is just wired differently I've been making strides with goal setting and completing personal projects. I have enrolled in a technical school to become a hairstylist and have a job at a local salon as an apprentice. I've come to terms with making the decision I won't be paying my bills with my art, but I can still be passionate about making art! I will finish my comic book aspirations, and learn how to digitally paint and draw along the way (which is why I am here!)

I have a Huion Kamvas GT-156HDV2 which I am planning on using while working through some of Ctrl+Paints tutorials, and an iPad Mini 5 with the apple pencil which I use fairly regularly for hair styling school.

Here is some of my art!

[Image: DxirW8C.jpg]
Western Comic, Silkscreen, 2015

[Image: aiTKTxa.jpg]
Page from Cosmic Amazing Remastered Zine, pen & ink, 2018

[Image: N741Pg0.jpg]

Daredevil, first digital painting with Huion in Clip Stuido, 2018

[Image: PRG4skY.jpg]
Album art for an episode for House of Bob Podcast, 2018

[Image: UKwZqHf.jpg]
PRIMAL fan art, Procreate, 2020

Thanks, and I'll see you around!