NSFW - Sup Doodles? Ganço's sketchbook [occasional doodles]
You should simplify really not the other way around go check my sketchbook i did some value study around the last page of it.It not about the complexity it about the relationship of object once you understand the behavior of light everything is just a matter of calculating the degre of a plane receive light relative to the light source which is also a matter of good understanding of perspective.You don't need complex object to get better at understanding the principle.

You could say i learn by the motto don't put to much nor not enough in your learning plate.

With all honesty i think if my assumption are right that you just find that pure fundamental study to be to boring it evident by the very abstract subject drawn here.Principle are not boring at all when you understand the implication of good execusion.

Take a 3 cube and 3 sphere put them in a scene and just get the cast shadow right you can go crazy and make the cast shadow overlap or the shape sit on top of an other for extra challenge.Really it already complex if you ain't satisfied thrown in a pyramid a cylinder or a polygone.

Do that for multiple light scenario and you will get better at plotting the cast shadow and other light and shadow related task.Kick the confusion in the ball or suffer a headache that what learning is all about.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NSFW - Sup Doodles? Ganço's sketchbook [occasional doodles] - by darktiste - 04-17-2022, 08:42 AM