Please give advice and critique
The general misconception is to consider gesture to be a contour drawing a gesture is more base in the essense of a pose.For example the direction of the limb the weight distribution those are fairly hard to grasp concept that require a large amount of gesture to start to actually feel those thing like they should.A gesture depending on it duration aim at different thing.Shorter one tend to be more simplified expression of the subject will longer one can start to look like proper drawing sessioon.Gesture as far as i understand it is life drawing applied to the human figure but it can discard some aspect of the fundamental depending on the duration of the gesture study.In term of duration we talk about 30sec gesture 1 min gesture 5 min gesture anything past that for me begin to be more an exercise in observation that what i would consider proper gesture study.I think gesture is also the relation of balance between the different part of the body.The general action we are look at is the action of the spine but not necessarly the spine itself but the gesture coming out of the spine.Think of a pole artist who pole is is own body how would he distrubute is himself as to not fall.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
Please give advice and critique - by Maurice - 08-08-2020, 01:22 AM
RE: Please give advice and critique - by Maurice - 08-08-2020, 09:08 AM
RE: Please give advice and critique - by Maurice - 08-08-2020, 09:37 AM
RE: Please give advice and critique - by John - 08-08-2020, 02:19 PM
RE: Please give advice and critique - by Maurice - 08-10-2020, 07:00 AM
RE: Please give advice and critique - by darktiste - 08-10-2020, 09:13 AM