Gerben's Sketchbook - Sharpening the axe
Hi, thought I'd start off with a quick work recap of where I started (old CA.org, Polycount stuff), and then post the new stuff asap. Self-taught concept artist, started to take art as a career serious back in 2011, studied game design, now working as an AD & concept designer for a game studio in the Netherlands. Feel incredibly lucky and grateful to be in this line of work. 

Feeling a bit of a slump in work and engagement on the socials and discord communities, but then I found CD through some defunct CA.org posts! Looking forward to being a part of the community here. 

2011/12 - Finding concept art

2013 - Messing around, learning perspective

2014 - Discovered Feng Zhu's youtube channel (thank god for that man)

2015 - first internship at a game company

2016 - getting my feet wet with 3D underlays

2017 - graduated, first job

After that I started working professionally so I won't bore you all with that work. The main purpose of my posting here will be to rediscover the joy of making art and feel connected to more artists. I've felt for a long time that I haven't truly enjoyed making the little things anymore; everything's become a chore (also in the bigger life picture). Getting back to the roots, rediscovering the joy in the process. that's what I aim to find (again).

C&C is most welcome and appreciated. The harsher the better!

"No man is more unhappy than he who never faces adversity. For he is not permitted to prove himself." - Seneca

Messages In This Thread
Gerben's Sketchbook - Sharpening the axe - by gerbenpasjes - 01-25-2021, 03:33 AM