Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles.
Nooo dude, don't study feet, study the distribution of weight throughout the body! where you put your foot when you put all your weight on it, or what points connect with the ground in relation to the body's center of gravity. Knowing WHERE to draw the feet will help the stiffness and falling-over-ness in your poses way more than learning HOW to draw feet better will.
my rule of thumb: the inner heel of the weight bearing leg will line up vertically with the sternum.

Gestures are looking okay, but could be capturing a lot more motion and energy. I think you're still thinking of them as simplified figure drawings instead of studies for motion and flow. I'd recommend continuing to draw from a pose you like after you draw the first gesture, trying to exxagerate the action more and more in each successive drawing and make the forces of the pose more clear and extreme. If someone;s hip is sticking out, make it sticking WAAAYYY out, if someone's shoulder is raised raise it even more, if someone's sticking out their arm make their whole body tilt in the direction the arm is stretching out and make the arm with a couple straight lines instead of trying to describe the cylinder forms, etc.
I know you're going for realism, but that doesn't mean matching the reference, just using it to inform your decisions. You're the artist, if you have a cooler idea for the pose than the model had in mind don't let the photo stop you! I think practicing some exaggeration in poses and action might be the key to solving the stiff posing that plagues so many of you realism people.

keep killin' it!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by VickyYarova - 01-24-2012, 09:03 AM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by Chavreaper - 02-11-2012, 02:10 AM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by Monsieur-Beefy - 03-12-2012, 06:33 PM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by deerandfox - 10-21-2012, 10:49 AM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by Michael Blackbear Uwandi - 10-28-2012, 11:10 AM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by Edmond Au - 11-12-2012, 04:14 PM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by leonardZC - 01-15-2013, 07:31 PM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by I STRaY I - 03-02-2013, 06:41 PM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by Samszym - 05-26-2014, 06:25 AM