Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles.
Hera's looking really nice, awesome colors and lighting going on. I think the positioning of the shoulders could be way stronger if you made some changes to reflect the forces going on, especially making the arm that's resting on the armrest and the arm that's supporting weight look like they're doing that. Right now that clarity doesn't come through, they both look like they're resting, but I can tell you wanted one of the arms to be supporting since you gave the torso that lean.
To accomplish that, first I'd suggest you make this pose yourself in front of a mirror if you can. If you're a normal human the shoulder of the arm that you're putting weight on should come up and the resting one should stay low, exactly the same mechanic as one hip rising above the other in a contrapposto stance where most of the weight is on one leg.
I'd also make the weight-bearing arm more vertical than the resting arm, that position transfers more force from the block to the shoulder. That's the force that lifts up the body and causes the arm to support the torso.
I came up with three different poses in this PO, if she's sort of carefree and sarcastic I'd have her leaning on her arm, if she's really lazy and disinterested I'd have her putting weight on her back, and if she's more serious and possibly angry I'd use a more upright pose with the arm not touching the armrest at all and instead letting her support her own weight.

[Image: KrpLtZl.jpg]

this is the stuff you should be studying with your gesture drawing, the distribution of weight and how the body deals with forces of gravity and how resting on things works, and the different attitudes and emotions that slightly different poses give. That's why I think gesture drawing is such an important thing to do and I hate seeing so many people doing them as quick, simplified copies of the figures instead of actually studying the gesture!
Don't draw someone just sitting in a chair, draw them sitting in a chair angry, or serious, or lazy! Expressing attitude through posing is what gesture drawing is all about, and it's one of my favorite things in all of art so I want you to get more gooder at it!

good luck broseidon

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by VickyYarova - 01-24-2012, 09:03 AM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by Chavreaper - 02-11-2012, 02:10 AM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by Monsieur-Beefy - 03-12-2012, 06:33 PM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by deerandfox - 10-21-2012, 10:49 AM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by Michael Blackbear Uwandi - 10-28-2012, 11:10 AM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by Edmond Au - 11-12-2012, 04:14 PM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by leonardZC - 01-15-2013, 07:31 PM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by I STRaY I - 03-02-2013, 06:41 PM
RE: Forrest's Sketchbook of Wondercanes and Dreamsicles. - by Samszym - 05-27-2014, 01:26 AM