DEATHLINE COMMENCE!
I just have to do this, for awhile ive been at a stuck spot lately, being so low. ive been here before i just have to recover from it again. so i figured to get out of this slump, i need to expose myself to the public with this deathline.

i took a look some of the other deathlines here and ill try to steal some of the stuff i think that will be beneficial for me, one in particular was patrick's 18 month goal. while ill "try" to do that. im gonna set up some shorter term goals for me to complete.

My goal: Portfolio thats freelance work - worthy!

now im not gonna go into specifics as to who/where i want to work for as to me thats a mystery atm.
but some of my favorite artists and what my art skills wants to look like are from the likes of Dave rapoza, Alex negrea , sickbrush , maciej kuciara etc.

so mainly a focus on character design with the exception of maciej kuciara, im only interested on his design techniques atm.

how im gonna go about it: im gonna make myself a realistic challenge here, as i always have swear myself of setting a goal without ever completing it. to be realistic , i must make a "portfolio piece"
once a month, it must be finished. polished to the core of my abilities. taking influences and learning from the artists i mentioned before. I JUST HAVE TO DO IT! JUST DO IT!!!

my routine as of course with character design is composed of anatomy, a lil bit of perspective, portraits , gestures , design /costuming/drapery stuff. with occasional environments if i fancy to do a full illustration.

so my supposed Deathline to make it official is 18 months. ill update my monthly "portfolio pieces" along with some summaries of what i have accumulated through those months.

EDIT: forgot to set the start date , ill be starting at may 31 so it will be a fresh month ill post the portfolio pieces day 1 of the new month so in this case july 1.

i calculated what would be the end date of all this and it gave me this date:
November 30 2016

have to be honest felt a lil bit frightened about that date for the moment there, oh how i am worried of what im going to achieved by then.
guess we'll find out very soon.

see yall in november 30 2016!!!

an update  heres a character that i tried to do to summarized what i have learned in June.
heres what i have found out what i need to work on:

Planes planes planes. - i realized i cant paint stuff from imagination , and that it is difficult. i should have a clear style of painting , whether it be simple stylized  or realism.

study ---> apply immediately  i  realized throughout the june month , im doing studies for just solely for doing them , without any clear goal.

poor sense of construction: this is from Jonesoda critiques. he said i could remedy this with Bridgemans books. and im considering tackling it this july.

i have also organized a schedule to follow just to aid me and remind me of what things i need to work on.  but this july , im gonna sink in more time with this portfolio biz , as its helpful for assessing where youre at in terms of skill level. and with that see yall next month in august.

[Image: Character%20original%20lineart.jpg]
[Image: CHARACTER%20ORIGINAL.jpg]

Character Name- Maryanne Verlinden

Character Archetype:
Character Type- Hero
Archetype- Vulgar Hero
Role- Assasin Type
Gender- Female
Zodiac/Element- Taurus/Earth
Powers- None

Physical Traits:
Body Type- Well Defined/Toned
Height- Moderate/6ft+
Skin Tone- Dark Moderate/60%-70%
Face Type- Oval Type
Hair Color- Purple Variation
Hair Style- Coiled Type
Hair Length- Long
Eyebrow Shape- Angled
Eye Shape- Prominent Eyes
Eye Color- Green
Ear Shape- Large
Nose Shape- Snub Nose
Lip Shape- Thin
Skin Variants- Burn
Facial Hair- None

Fashion:
Clothing Era- Traditional Mongolian Fashion/Clothing
Clothing Type- Heavy Wear Type

Accessories:
Hair- None
Head- Crown
Neck- None
Left Arm- Bangle
Right Arm- None
Left Hand- None
Right Hand- None
Left Leg- None
Right Leg- None
Left Foot- None
Right Foot- None

Weaponry:
Weaponry- Whipping Type

Hey man, you gotta keep going. Don't create a deathline and abandon it after one post!

Attempting portfolio pieces is most important, It would be cool to see progress and sustained effort.