Vornag's Happy-Go-Funtime Turbo Ultra Resurrected Hopefully Trainwreck
Thank you so much for your input, Pavel. I don't view you as negative, more so eager to help than anything. I've subconsciously been avoiding the study grind like it's a plague, but I really do have to start it eventually. Again, thank you so much for your honesty, it's the number one thing I need right now.

I've never been much of a planner. I work primarily on intuition and what feels right for me, but that won't really get me far when it comes to art. Therefore, plan.

From this day on I'll be keeping track of my progress towards the 10k hour rule. While I'm not exactly motivated by arbitrary goals like reaching a number, it gives me something to strive towards and continually reminds me that, no matter what, I am improving simply by Shia LaBeoufing it.

All drawing sessions will begin with a 30 min gesture warmup because those are fun.

0-50hr - Studies
 0-25hr - Human anatomy
  - Legs. oh god the legs you suck at these just do it
  - Arms
  - Whatever comes between I just need to fill this
 25-50hr - Lighting and materials

Every session I will force myself to go outside of my comfort zone and study something that I haven't done before. Far too often do I just find myself "studying" stuff I have already gone over.

I will keep track of the time spent drawing/painting every week. If the time exceeds 10 hours I get to do anything I want to for a full day while the "week timer" is paused. If I fail to get 10 hours, I have to get 10.5 hours next week and so on. Every week that I do successfully, 0.5 hours are shaved off the time requirement, capping at 10 hours.

I'm duct taping a picture of Shia on my wall just to remind myself to do it.

3.1hr (ish) / 100000hr

I begin drawing according to plan tomorrow.
5min gestures

Zahra from Critical Role.

Scream at what I'm doing wrong in my sketchbook
it helps a lot

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vornag's Happy-Go-Funtime Trainwreck - by Vornag - 02-10-2016, 08:27 AM