Drawing With Your Thumb On A Mobile Phone
In an effort to make best use of any spare minutes I have in my life, I thought I'd download Autodesk Sketchbook onto my Android phone and see if I could draw and paint with it since I have my phone with me most of the time.

My phone has a 5.5 inch screen which granted is a little bit small for artwork but I thought I'd give it a go anyway.

I was wondering if anyone else has tried this and what their results were?

My findings so far are:
  • I started getting wrist ache when using my fore-finger so I switched to using my thumb and the wrist ache went away.
  • It is very difficult to be very accurate with your mark making when using your thumb on a capacitive screen but I am trying to train my way through this by doing Peter Han type drawing exercises. My accuracy is improving but it is slow progress.
  • I tried using a capacitive stylus but found that the mark made onscreen lagged behind the stylus more than when I was using my thumb.

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Messages In This Thread
Drawing With Your Thumb On A Mobile Phone - by Artloader - 09-29-2016, 09:34 PM
RE: Drawing With Your Thumb On A Mobile Phone - by Jaysea - 11-22-2016, 04:32 PM