What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook)
Nimao - Thanks :D

Jerry - I wish, but i'm definitely starting to slip. Got abit burnt out overthinking these illustrations. Watching the animu again xD. I promise ill stop after this series xD.

deerandfox - Thanks dude :D, but focus wouldn't be the word i would use. I think i've gotten way to comfortable with observational stuff, can't construct and simulate light to save my life.

So like i said, still watching anime. But after i watch these last 2 series, one im actually just rewatching :(, ill get back on the horse. Here is my list if anyone is interested http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ImSkeptical
I'm very proud of my spreading it over the scale, and my very filtered selection due to getting friends to point me to only good stuff. Anything above 5 is guaranteed to not be a waste of time.

I think me watching anime again may be just me haven gotten a bit depressed after me and my friends didn't go out for a week. May just be me making an excuse, but i'd like to think i need to do the afternoon with friends fun at least once a week.

So here's this week

[Image: -CS11byImSkeptical_zpsb1129a1f.jpg]

Not many changes, mostly just trying to fix the pose. Thanks heaps to the people in the crit section.

[Image: randomimaginationtests_zpsc64548e5.jpg]

Random imagination stuff foolin around, trying to do more of it because its much more relaxing than trying to plan an illustration. I feel like the traditional stuff I've been doing helped out with the faces. I almost gave up on that Asian one (I left up where I almost gave up so you can see xD) but i pushed through and made it look not so bad. My non functional purely random form mech's still annoy the rational parts of my brain. At least they take like no time and effort at all, more the tactile fun of pushing forms around than any educational worth or to look any good.

[Image: 0118PracticeSketches200912_zpsdef7a6cc.jpg]
[Image: 0117PracticeSketches190912_zps3a6e67c9.jpg]
[Image: qweg_zps49963568.jpg]

Here's a possibility for another illustration, in an anime i was watching, a giant kitten fought a squid thing, i thought it might be fun to do with the whole alt art realism thing. I'm not sure if it looks worth pursuing, anyone think it looks interesting in thumbnail?

[Image: 0119PracticeSketches220912_zps686fc1b3.jpg]
[Image: Snake63sketch_zps0821883c.jpg]

And here's my other thing i plan to do. Something simple and fun for me. Rule 63 on solid snake. Hawt. Ill probably need to work out a nice design before i render though. Explored a few different poses. Silhouettes are way relaxing, if you work up sufficient drawing skills, i highly suggest you try them out. I wouldn't recommend it until you do though, i can defiantly see where you could fall into a trap with these things. Anything too fun, be wary xD.

I also had the realization with the last study there that there was no reason at all to 'complete studies'. I just need to render what i want to learn and what I'm going to pay attention to. No point rendering out everything i am just going to zone out to podcasts and music.

Well see you guys next week, and hopefully goodbye anime for awhile. Lets say at least 2 months.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt today (Sketchbook) - by KyleScary - 04-27-2012, 02:15 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by stace - 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by FOERVRAENGD - 07-23-2012, 10:30 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by DanilleG - 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kevin - 09-12-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by deerandfox - 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by ImSkeptical - 09-24-2012, 02:41 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fännek - 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fei Ou - 11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kaikaisushi - 04-16-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Brawk - 07-12-2013, 03:57 AM