What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook)
atrenr - Thanks man! Glad to see you following along with Brent's stuff as well, lets work hard together :D. I do have a tip for you though, you might want to try experimenting with large soft brushes. Alot of your work has none of that smooth gradient you see in nature everywhere. Hope that helps!

jonesoda - Thanks dude. Seems i should be doing more mech suits xD.

jakeB - Thanks! I actually hate my linework but i'm working on it xD. As for the figure drawing, i find if you put composition as a goal in any study/sketch, you get something arty :D.

piotr - Thanks man, same to you. I like your enviroments alot, I need to improve on mine :(

Fannek - Thanks!

Flo - Thanks, I always try to not be too comfortable. About linework, frankly i don't think mine is much better than yours. What I do to get the clean lines is just drop the opacity and create a new layer or erase my under drawing back abit and just draw over. You can really concentrate on proportion and form with the underdrawing that way, then really concentrate on line quality and showing overlaps properly when you draw over. I'm also trying to follow eyecager's linework as a guide. You should probably go to them for help xD, they are far better at linework/drawing than me.

Jerry - Thanks man, looking forward to seeing your 3d stuff!

Thanks for all the comments! I appreciate it :D

So much mentoring stuff going on now! I think i need to start a schedule or something to keep up with everything, or more specifically, force me to do stuff i don't want to do xD. I'm definitely not pushing things where i want to bring them because i 'leave them till later'. Well here's the stuff for this week.

[Image: 0139PracticeSketches221012.jpg]
[Image: 0141PracticeSketches231012.jpg]
[Image: 0142PracticeSketches241012.jpg]

More hanz and anatomy

[Image: 0145PracticeSketches271012.jpg]
[Image: 0146PracticeSketches281012.jpg]

Sickbrushes assignment. The light i'm using is turning me orange. Or I suck at painting? Either way, i need a different direct light source. Or i could've swapped the key with the kick... hmmm. As you can see sickbrushes assignment spurred me on to paint some hands. I decided not to use to orange skin light for them.

[Image: 0140PracticeSketches221012.jpg]
[Image: 0143PracticeSketches241012.jpg]
[Image: 0144PracticeSketches261012.jpg]
[Image: Week1.jpg]

Research and sketches for Dan's stuff. Planning to do it focused on Inca culture, and maybe even bring in Spanish conquistador stuff.

[Image: BrentWeek2.jpg]

Brent's thing. As you can see, really didn't put enough time into this. Same with Dan's thing, was supposed to have a pretty set sketch ready for rendering by the week, failed that. So 2 failed things. I could blame watching canada cup (street fighter tourney), but that would be a lie, that's only the weekend. Just wasn't time efficient with the week. I need to step it up if i wanna work in this industry :(

Well lets go next week! I'm planning to follow Brent's, Dan's and Sickbrushes assignments from now on. Ill do study related things in the first half of the day, then assignment stuff in the other half. I should probably pick an hour. Say 5pm? I can always change it later. Here we go!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt today (Sketchbook) - by KyleScary - 04-27-2012, 02:15 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by stace - 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by FOERVRAENGD - 07-23-2012, 10:30 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by DanilleG - 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kevin - 09-12-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by deerandfox - 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fännek - 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by ImSkeptical - 10-28-2012, 11:29 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fei Ou - 11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kaikaisushi - 04-16-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Brawk - 07-12-2013, 03:57 AM