What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook)
Thanks Bro, hopefully effort will turn into improvement? :D.

So started a new schedule this week, its tough keeping up but it feels good not wasting time wondering what to do. Now its just actually wasting time xD. But seriously i'm feeling much better about the work getting done. I'm integrating all the theories of learning i managed to pick up like revision, note taking, memory testing, going back to check things, rotation, draftsmanship practice, when i can listen to audiobooks or when it has to be music or nothing. I missed a bit of my schedule towards the end of the week, but i excused myself because i had to go to this day long wedding, and i'm not going to have uninterrupted weeks anyway.

So here's the stuff

[Image: 0156PracticeSketches101112-1.jpg]
[Image: 0159PracticeSketches131112.jpg]

Finished the re-comp of last week and did another. Planning to do 3 a week, have due dates in my schedule. If you can guess who's comps i studied i will be impressed. I actually learned a lot doing those little boxes, getting a feel for how to break up the shapes.

[Image: 0157PracticeSketches121112.jpg]

Anatomy studies, this week arms (i got carried away and did chest/neck area too most of the time). I discovered that if the light is soft/ ambient, it makes it really hard to draw how i want to draw :(. I also need to integrate gesture studies somehow, will probably do them traditionally. I forgot to add the ref for the paintings. They are all from 'Serge Marshennikov', who has some magnificent figure paintings. I have gotten the impression from somewhere it is probably better to study colors from paintings as opposed to photos, so I'm looking for more good figure paintings if anyone has got any.

[Image: 0158PracticeSketches121112.jpg]

Visual library, next 3 weeks i will master 'knitted/woolen jacket things'. The topic i picked is a little random, but i kinda wanted to get to working in my new scheduale as opposed to thinking of some good topic. I need work on clothing/drapery anyway.

[Image: week4.jpg]

Dan's design class thing. I really needed that 1 week extension, the schedule is good, but it makes me tired when i get to the end of the day, and i find myself working really inefficiently when i hit walls in thinking about how to solve problems and such.

Well, hope i can keep this up. I wish it didn't size down my images because it makes it look like i didn't do much. I promise i'm putting in the hours xD. Thanks for reading/looking see you next week.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt today (Sketchbook) - by KyleScary - 04-27-2012, 02:15 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by stace - 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by FOERVRAENGD - 07-23-2012, 10:30 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by DanilleG - 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kevin - 09-12-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by deerandfox - 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fännek - 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by ImSkeptical - 11-19-2012, 12:10 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fei Ou - 11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kaikaisushi - 04-16-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Brawk - 07-12-2013, 03:57 AM