What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook)
Thanks atrenr, hope i can keep it up!

So even less this week. Not only is it because more traditional, but i also have a real excuse this time. I'll post the stuff first.

[Image: 0171---PracticeSketches111212.jpg]

anat.

[Image: 0172---PracticeSketches121212.jpg]

Moar hair. Found the best site for fashion and hair btw, at least there is some words that go along with the pictures that relate. http://www.fashionising.com/blogs
I was, and will probably always be, a science/theory person first xD.

[Image: MorganaFinish1.jpg]
[Image: Morganref.jpg]

'Finished' Dan's thing. Probably will go back to it as i think i can push it further. I submitted it a day late because i got days mixed up and missed the crit, so i was deservedly subjected to Dan being angry at things i was angry at myself about a week before :(. The 2 art pieces by alex and jiao in the ref are my 'target' pieces. If you arn't familiar with the idea, i find its pretty much necessary. Otherwise you just quit early, and wonder why it feels bad. Now you can see by direct comparison how bad it is!

So, reason why not as much this week. I was watching a TED video about some of the lesser know achievements of scientist Richard Feynman (my favorite scientist. Scientists are like Pokemon in that you must have a favorite), and a related video was 'learning using the Feynman technique'. Several links later I was deep into studying 'meta-learning'. I mentioned before how in creating a schedule, i just thought about those things i picked up doing psychology and playing Starcraft and Streetfighter. Well, i found there are resources with information about self learning, efficient learning, science based motivational/schedualing tips, and all the rest of that jazz. I actually kinda avoided the self-help kinda community because its hard work finding the good from the bad. A lot of it gets associated with scams and psudoscientific ideas like the secret and whatnot, so i ignorantly just put the whole thing in a box. But i found one with many ideas i can agree with, and I find that from one good link you can find many great links. http://www.scotthyoung.com/blog/archives/ There it is if you're interested. He has more than enough free information on the kinds of things i picked up learning psychology and competitive video games.

So after a bunch of reading for half the week, I'm rethinking some of my approaches to learning to do art. Most of it involves forcing myself to do more creative work with no distractions or even music in 45 minute intervals. Which i was avoiding/ doing really inefficiently when i wasn't, just browsing the net and listening to audiobooks when the going got tough. More scheduled exercise too, good for the brain. Afew other things, but i doubt anyone reads these walls of text and i want to sleep now.

So that's this week, looking forward to a much more informed learning approach in the coming weeks. Thanks for reading/lookin!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt today (Sketchbook) - by KyleScary - 04-27-2012, 02:15 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by stace - 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by FOERVRAENGD - 07-23-2012, 10:30 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by DanilleG - 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kevin - 09-12-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by deerandfox - 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fännek - 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fei Ou - 11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by ImSkeptical - 12-18-2012, 12:11 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kaikaisushi - 04-16-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Brawk - 07-12-2013, 03:57 AM