What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook)
Thanks mindwrack! It better be paying off, thinking is such a pain otherwise, so much effort... xD. And i'm totally planning to in my next personal piece, i'm uploading the sketch. Your sketchbook has some nice painterly stuff, i added you on da, hope we can be friends :D.

Thanks Heavenwill, you're churning out the stuff too. Nice to see so many new daggers getting it done!

----

Here's the week

[Image: anatomychallenge_zpsda03a19b.jpg]
[Image: lenseblurrr_zpsf96dc4ac.jpg]

So excited for the Adelaide workshop, 2 weeks away! Started picking up z-brush again as to not waste the learning from Ben Mauro and Bryan Wynia. As I've found with everything ever, learning something the 2nd time is always easier :D. So much fun this time around, need to dedicate more time to it. Maybe if i can manage sculpting hard surface stuff, i'll study mechanical doodads to build a library i can kitbash with. This week i just tried to do a head and then see how much anatomy i could remember. The answer is i can remember all the anatomy! Except for feet and lower arms. So other than that, now i just need to learn construction, proportion, gesture, simplified/designed forms, perspecitve, lighting...

Oh hair is like the funnest thing ever in zbrush. You feel like a hairdresser masking locks and combing it round and trimming them. Too bad painting hair is also fun, and atm, looks way better and is way less time consuming

[Image: 0177---PracticeSketches020113_zps3eeee572.jpg]

More looper studies. These are horrible, i can't think of the excuse right now but i'm sure i had one.

[Image: aquafathumbs_zps28526329.jpg]
[Image: 0178---PracticeSketches030113_zps71006201.jpg]
[Image: AriaFASketch_zpsea4c00e8.jpg]

My next personal piece. Just fanart of an anime I'm currently watching. Slice of life is usually considered a waste of animation potential, but this one defiantly gets away with it because its set on future mars terraformed into Venice.

That's all my digital! Will show traditional after workshop, going to be a huge dump. For next week, I had the privilege of getting a 30 minute crit from Dan on my Morgane, and there is no way i'm going to waste that. Even if he did make the mistake of critting the older verson :(, at least 80% of it still applies, and the last 20% I didn't push as much as he did. So hopefully in the next 2 weeks, i get the 4 characters and the fanart done before the workshop!

Thanks for reading/looking, cya next week.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt today (Sketchbook) - by KyleScary - 04-27-2012, 02:15 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by stace - 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by FOERVRAENGD - 07-23-2012, 10:30 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by DanilleG - 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kevin - 09-12-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by deerandfox - 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fännek - 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fei Ou - 11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by ImSkeptical - 01-08-2013, 01:54 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kaikaisushi - 04-16-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Brawk - 07-12-2013, 03:57 AM