What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook)
Thanks Miles!

Thanks Heavenmill, you keep churning out those sketches too. So many and so good :D

Sad not to be able to meet ya in Adelaide Jaik :( . I have the good luck of parents loaning me money for this one. To me, talent is having parents that give you food and board and let you do whatever you want for 10 hours a day :D.

---

I'm really hoping to get stuff done before i leave for the workshop, but its going to be tight. Will need to update this sketchbook a little early too, so even more pressure. Here's to insane productivity next few days. If i do update it will be the last update for 3 weeks! I somehow managed to update every week for 8 months or something close. However long since my harddrive died, that week i didn't post anything. But on the 8th of Feb, planning to do a massive update. I also plan to have a big writeup about my first year of art and post it on teamliquid, the competitive starcraft community i used to frequent. I wonder if i should post it here to or just link it?

Here's this week

[Image: 0179---PracticeSketches150113.jpg]

Tehmeh's edges and color blow me away. They have a kind of simplicity i wanted to see if i could study. And at minimum, i got 2 ideas, restricting value ranges and to not try to fix drawing errors you notice while painting, and to instead just follow your initial construction. It may have been okay before, but not if i want crisp brushwork. Just another reason to get my lax drawing skills up to par.

[Image: AriaFAPainting2.jpg]

Progress on the fanart. I need to fix all these perspective issues that arose when warping some things trying to get some dynamism to the comp.

[Image: MorganaFinish309012013.jpg]

So I was really happy all week with what i had done with Dan's crit, untill i watched the most recent video, in which he commented that i didn't listen :(. Maybe it was me just trying to be too smart, like thinking i could fix the back arm by orientating the body a bit better, and putting the fur trim on the legs instead of the main dress. Given i couldn't see the problem very well in the first place, i probably should've trusted more experienced eyes until i get better at anatomy. But the hat still is probably looking wrong? I did push it way down, but i guess not enough either. I half want to just let it go, but that also means i gave up, which is the last thing i want to ever do. Somthing for me to worry about i guess :(.

[Image: MordredSketch2.jpg]
[Image: Mordredcolorthumbs.jpg]
[Image: Mordredcolorsketchwip.jpg]

This got me down too, same mistake i made in 3 out of 4 characters. The crit i got in the first video should've fixed this :(. Well today i got a piece of paper and wrote down the title mistakes, then wrote down 'long straight rectangles'. Hopefully this will never happen again. Clearly I need to stop only concentrating in improving my rendering and really focus on drawing and design.

Bad start to the week, but at least i'm extremely conscious of the mistake now. Its stuck up on the wall next to me. Hopefully next week, and all the rest of the weeks, it never happens again. Thanks for reading/looking.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt today (Sketchbook) - by KyleScary - 04-27-2012, 02:15 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by stace - 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by FOERVRAENGD - 07-23-2012, 10:30 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by DanilleG - 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kevin - 09-12-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by deerandfox - 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fännek - 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fei Ou - 11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by ImSkeptical - 01-15-2013, 04:18 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kaikaisushi - 04-16-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Brawk - 07-12-2013, 03:57 AM