What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook)
kaikaisushi - Thanks :D!

So not that much this week, slacked off a little. Thought I was just getting randomly depressed for no reason, but thinking it over just now, realized it was probably not seeing any friends for a week. Solved that :D! Most of the time was spent mindlessly doodling while watching every episode of Community again. I seriously questioned watching the 4th season, and I think i regret watching it so far. I feel like you can defiantly feel Dan Harmon being missing, but it could just be because I have so much respect for the guy. Btw if you haven't seen the series, you're missing out on what I think is one of the best tv series of all time, or at least the most well written. If any series shows that the only thing that really matters in storytelling is characters, and the interesting use of them, its Community.

So here's this week

[Image: 0207---PracticeSketches11042013_zps67d3449d.jpg]
[Image: 0208---PracticeSketches31032013_zps91863320.jpg]

So i tried to study http://mojgan.cghub.com/ , because i kinda wanted to understand how that sort of effect he does with the color chose works. And I think I kinda understand it, it involves the darkest dark's being highly saturated, the reflected light being highly saturated cool against a relatively desaturated complement, and in the lights same kind of relationship between the speculars and the local, except more pastel than the shadow side. It was working out in my study, but I found the more I worked it the more it broke down. I have 2 ideas how that happened, either I lost concentration, and so started putting down colors to try to 'fix them', as opposed to trusting my theory, or it only works when kept to broad strokes and shapes, or the theory is wrong. I need to try again, make sure it wasn't an execution error.

[Image: 0209---PracticeSketches21042013_zpsb6dd7c8d.jpg]
[Image: 0210---PracticeSketches22042013_zps55ed25a6.jpg]

More 15 min color studies. I think I'm slacking off with these. I think I'm letting myself be really bad while just giving the excuse that the time limit will mean they look crap. Need to step it up.

[Image: 02p220413_zpsfe866bbf.jpg]

More sketches ~2mins-2hrs. I think its starting to be detrimental to learning, I'm not good enough yet to make a 'finished' sketch in the timelimit, which is my goal. Need to think about it more, perhaps do some small stuff I can 'finish' fast, then see how fast I can 'sketch' it. That sentence probably makes sense to no one but me xD. I'll probably consult Anthony Jones's streams again to think about this, he has good ideas about speed I think.

That's all the digital stuff, for the pencil, just imagine a bunch of bad copies of kim jung gi sketches and dark souls designs :D. See ya next week.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt today (Sketchbook) - by KyleScary - 04-27-2012, 02:15 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by stace - 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by FOERVRAENGD - 07-23-2012, 10:30 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by DanilleG - 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kevin - 09-12-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by deerandfox - 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fännek - 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fei Ou - 11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kaikaisushi - 04-16-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by ImSkeptical - 04-23-2013, 12:34 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Brawk - 07-12-2013, 03:57 AM