What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook)
Hey thanks everyone!

JonHop - Thanks man, i've been really working at it last couple months, glad to know its paying off.

Cyprinus - No problem, its a pleasure to check out! Honestly I think your linework is way better, shows way more confidence. I like draw every single shadow pattern every time because i don't have the ability to put a really accurate line down, so I put a bunch of stuff that is sorta right and it looks okay :p. Need that confidence and mental fortitude to get more accurate so I can simplify.

Ward217 - Thanks man!

Flo - It's really good to be back in the swing of it, but I am starting to feel that boredom/lazyness creeping back in, not a good sign wasting time looking for music and trawling facebook :p. Oh and I wouldn't reccomend studying it :p, study the people I studied, they got it way better. I think its Richard Schmidt, Steve Huston, peleng, and izzy. Those guys are who you should look too.

Rindoukan - Thanks man, good to know I'm making some kind of improvement. You know how its always hard to tell. And yeah, cool angled shots of traditional drawings covering up all your proportion mistakes ftw :p .

smrrfette - Thanks! But don't feel bad, I actually a couple days ago went back through your hole sketchbook. Holy crap, that's what someone can do in the time I spend working! You got so good so fast you did that thing Hannes did and broke your arm xD. As legend goes, this means you take it slower, think more and become the best or at least most famous imaginative realist digital painter. But seriously, super awesome, be really proud of yourself; I can't wait to meet both you and jaik, meeting people in real life who know what its like to lock yourself in a room and draw and paint all day angry at being frustrated about being lazy in a place where you 'should' be happy :p.

Kaffer - Thanks dude!

Everyone's commenting on my dynamic sketches, I think I should recommend people if they want to start getting into it, to look into gathering more specific reference. Although those quickposes and lovecastle sites are great for quick lazy gestures to warm up (there better than just for that, I'm exaggerating, I did a ton after Alex Negrea recommended to at Bali workshop, helped heaps, I think I talked about it a bit last page), they do have some pretty amateurish looking photos/models. Which is cool and all, but if you find a tumblr or pintrest of professional dancers, gymnasts, mountain climbers, athletes, etc. These people have such a visible grace over most of that stock imagery. So just download a bunch in a folder and use a timer to manually do 1 to 5 minute studies. Choosing reference that looks good to you I think is a big part of it. Yes you're supposed to be enhancing the reference, but you don't really want to handycap yourself by starting off with poor reference; at least for learning, that's how I feel.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt today (Sketchbook) - by KyleScary - 04-27-2012, 02:15 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by stace - 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by FOERVRAENGD - 07-23-2012, 10:30 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by DanilleG - 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kevin - 09-12-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by deerandfox - 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fännek - 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fei Ou - 11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kaikaisushi - 04-16-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Brawk - 07-12-2013, 03:57 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by ImSkeptical - 02-13-2014, 01:26 AM