What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook)
Cyprinus - Thanks! I think i concentrate on my colors a bit to much though, need to focus on more important stuff for a bit :(. I agree with the smoke too, need to work on not just using the cloud brush and learning to make it fit a bit more. The workshop was all concept design stuff with James Paick and Darren Quach. James went over environment stuff and Darren over mechs and props. was really cool, they did a bunch of demos as well as spending time each day to walk around and look over at what everyone was working on throughout the day to give more personal advice. Also they are really cool dudes. But tbh the best part was probably hanging out with art friends, always super fun.

----------------

Although I never really draw mech's much, here's the little I know about them. I'm trying to work on them more though nowadays, but I mostly like to draw them traditionally. I don't post them cause I think they're really bad right now, but when they start getting okay I'll post them up.

[Image: mechstuff_zpsa4092a0b.png]

Here's more of the cdw series. One more to go!

[Image: 3finished_zpsf83dfbf6.png]
[Image: 4finished_zps7fbbb330.png]

That's about all. Don't really like the colors on that last one but i think i made some important discoveries about texture and opacity. In the future i'm going to try painting my shadows more opaquely and my lights with texture and transparent layering. Hopefully I can start the mentorship thing this week. Thanks for taking a look at my sketchbook.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt today (Sketchbook) - by KyleScary - 04-27-2012, 02:15 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by stace - 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by FOERVRAENGD - 07-23-2012, 10:30 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by DanilleG - 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kevin - 09-12-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by deerandfox - 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fännek - 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fei Ou - 11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kaikaisushi - 04-16-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Brawk - 07-12-2013, 03:57 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by ImSkeptical - 06-16-2014, 12:12 AM