What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook)
Dude, you're rocking it for real. I loved the environments with the colossus woman and stuff a while back, and now I'm checking back in and I'm really amazed by the amount of stuff you're producing, specially more taking in account it's quality. The movie studies are just fucking awesome, amazin brushwork and colors, and of course: values.

I'm really gonna take some time and see what you've done to get such a good grasp of them, your suggestions were really helpfull at that, and there's some other things you've done that look like they're gonna be really effective for learning that stuff.

I totally feel you on the stuff from imagination thing, studying is so much more rewarding and generally it's easier to get a cool looking study than a cool looking painting of your own. But of course, the objective of so much study is to paint cool stuff from your mind so it's a catch 22 (not sure if that's the expression :P).

Crits: The crosshatching thing is a really good idea, one that I hadn't thought of ( mainly cause I still gotta get the hang of big brushtrokes so I avoid smaller sizes as much as possible) and I think it has potential, but I feel you need to give them more thought, to their direction, to their size, and specially to the amount of them you're gonna use. The ones you've uploaded now are not too effective and are kinda killing the potential of the idea. I think the best way to go with that would be to be very selective on their use so they pop the texture and the hue effectively and balance that with a consistent amount so they don't become anecdotic. It's a really hard balance but it's a good idea for sure. I'm not really good at hatching or anything, but lately I've discovered that taking time before putting them down, and being really confident when you do, help termendously to increase their quality and efficiency. Hope it helps.

Also, you're not stealing the comp on the last one, you have basically redesigned the major shapes ( in an interesting way I might add), you just stole the skulls xD

SB

Messages In This Thread
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt today (Sketchbook) - by KyleScary - 04-27-2012, 02:15 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by stace - 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by FOERVRAENGD - 07-23-2012, 10:30 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by DanilleG - 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kevin - 09-12-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by deerandfox - 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fännek - 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fei Ou - 11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kaikaisushi - 04-16-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Brawk - 07-12-2013, 03:57 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Suira - 08-19-2014, 11:56 PM